This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. First time gamestop has screwed me over.

User Info: Arrowsedge89

Arrowsedge89
7 years ago#1
I don't ever have any problems with my gamestop. All the people there are cool and actually know what they are talking about and don't push the gamestop card or preorders on me mainly because they know me and they know what I will say. Today was just horrible though. I went in and I decided to buy Battlefield 3 special edition new. He said it was the last copy so it was gutted. I never cared about this honestly and this was the first copy that was unsealed of a new game that I got. I won't really get into that. I was fine with it and got home. I popped in the game and I wanted to play multiplayer so I enter the online code and sure enough it said it was previously used..

I go back into my gamestop and I tell them that my code was already used. They tell me that I could've just used the code myself. After arguing for 5 minutes, They offer to give me a code out of a used copy to see if that works. They said that if that doesn't work, they don't have anymore new copies so I was pretty much either going to have to find another gamestop that does have it and see if they will allow me to get another new copy or just return it since it was opened and get another game. I picked giving me a code from a used case to see if that works and if not, I would seek out another gamestop tomorrow.

I get home.. Ofcourse the used case's code was used so I am pretty much just going to try to get a new copy at a different gamestop hopefully this time sealed.. What a day..
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

User Info: coolsurfer800

coolsurfer800
7 years ago#2
This is why gutted copies shouldn't be sold as new.
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks

User Info: Varron

Varron
7 years ago#3
Never ever ever evereverververververver buy a gutted "new" copy of a game.
PSN: Snippuh
Raptr: Snippuh

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
7 years ago#4
E-mail EA with your receipt and code, loads faster probably.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

User Info: Naruto

Naruto
7 years ago#5
Did you just buy a 2011 game for $59.99?

User Info: Arrowsedge89

Arrowsedge89
7 years ago#6
Yeah I paid 60 bucks for it. I haven't seen the special edition any cheaper elsewhere. I will email EA with the receipt and let them know.
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
7 years ago#7
For the millionth time

Just buy from other stores,
save urself the trouble and time

User Info: Captain_Urahara

Captain_Urahara
7 years ago#8
coolsurfer800 posted...

User Info: coolsurfer800

coolsurfer800
7 years ago#9
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Premium-Edition-Playstation/dp/B008OQTU6C/
No, John. You are the demons.
PSN = chuckyhacks

User Info: agrissa

agrissa
7 years ago#10
Captain_Urahara posted...
coolsurfer800 posted...

Jx1010 posted...
For the millionth time

Just buy from other stores,
save urself the trouble and time

These. Why do ppl still shop at Gamestop in 2013?
DMC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DmC
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. First time gamestop has screwed me over.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A