This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Resident Evil 4 is the most overrated game of all time--bar none, and heres why

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
6 years ago#1
Ive always hated this game. It is a huge departure to the reason i liked Resident Evil in the first place--and this game was the turning point, and is THE REASON Resident Evil sucks now. This QTE action based zombie game is nothing like what i grew up loving. This isnt a survival horror. This isnt Resident Evil. What this is infact, is the game that ruined the franchise. The game that the western mass media loves so much and overscored, and called the best, and is the downfall of the entire franchise. Now in a time where Survival Horror is desperately needed, we have a generic action QTE western zombie game that everyone universally loathes. While this game may have had more heart put in than current resident evil games of the same feel, it is without a doubt a clear message to capcom that we wanted you to change your series into crap... so if you love this game--shame on you. If you think its the best because IGN said so--shame on you. If you legitmately hate survival horrors, stay away from Resident Evil, because you ruined it for me and many others. Theres plenty of games like this, Resident Evil was never meant to be "this" and i will always hate this game--whether you love it or not.

so are you excited for resident evil reboot or 7? im not--unless they go back to their roots, before this overrated game came into existance.

User Info: jubjub360

jubjub360
6 years ago#2
Lol you mean like how you overrate FFXIII?

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
6 years ago#3
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Ive always hated this game..

Stopped reading right there. No offense, but if you already hate the game of course you're going to think its over rated.
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !

User Info: RetroFanGirl

RetroFanGirl
6 years ago#4
LOL wall of text didn't read. Try paragraphs.

Old RE's sucked, tank controls aren't the only way to create tense encounters. 4 and Revelations are the only relevant ones.
Hi.

User Info: shinra35800

shinra35800
6 years ago#5
zzzzzzzz

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
6 years ago#6
este914 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Ive always hated this game..

Stopped reading right there. No offense, but if you already hate the game of course you're going to think its over rated.

i gave clear reasons as to why i hate it. i hated it from day 1. the only two things resident evil 4 brought to the table were very high review scores, and a departure from resident evil REmake on gamecube, which was my fav in the franchise. i actually played the game, saw that its like every other crappy game out there, and didnt care...thought it was overrrated, then watched as the series went to crap... far away from the best one, still on the gamecube soo many years ago.

User Info: Dicer7

Dicer7
6 years ago#7
RE4 didn't ruin the series. Co-op did (at least the way RE5 presented it).

It's hardly over-rated. It single-handedly laid out the groundwork for the modern TPS genre and made the over-the-shoulder camera a new standard. The game was ahead of its time.

I would be lying if I said I didn't resent the game in some way for pushing the series away from its roots (I can identify with you on some points), but objectively it's not a bad game at all. I would blame Capcom for not really understanding why RE4 works and something like RE6 doesn't.

User Info: SigmaHaciel

SigmaHaciel
6 years ago#8
Translation - New tactic! I can't defend FF13 successfully, so time to go on the attack of another highly rated game.
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.

User Info: pixel378

pixel378
6 years ago#9
You're wrong.

Resident evil would have never achieved the level of success it enjoys now without re4. And re4 is the best in the series to a huge amount of fans.
MGO- Mr. Detroit

User Info: twotonez

twotonez
6 years ago#10
RE4 didn't ruin Resident Evil. Capcom did.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Resident Evil 4 is the most overrated game of all time--bar none, and heres why
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers