This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy ****!!!!!!! Bioshock infinite's budget is 100 million, 200 million with...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Holy ****!!!!!!! Bioshock infinite's budget is 100 million, 200 million with...

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
4 years ago#31
Terotrous posted...
DelsinRowe posted...
Not including DLC, it will have to sell a little over 3 million to make up for that. Take into account people buying after price drop, maybe more than 4 million. That really shouldn't be hard to do with all the platforms it is releasing on (not Wii U lol). Then DLC should really ease up on all that too.

It's actually more like 6.5 million, actually. The publisher only sees about $30 of each $60 sale, the rest goes to licensing fees and retailer markup.

Also, that assumes all copies are sold at full price, the amount earned per copy sold goes down as the price falls. Realistically, the break even point for a $200mil game is probably around 8 million copies sold.

You're pretty close, it's $27 that publishers receive at the very most.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/02/anatomy-of-a-60-dollar-video-game.html

User Info: LAGswitchLARRY

LAGswitchLARRY
4 years ago#32
crazyman32 posted...
LAGswitchLARRY posted...
100 mill for a paagg a 3rd game that really wasn't necessary

Sad gen is sad

I have orange scented troll spray for special clown trolls like you.

i'm a troll cuz i think 100 mill for a single player only game with dated graphics is way too much money?

clueless much bro?
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
4 years ago#33
LAGswitchLARRY posted...
mogar002 posted...
Come on flop!
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
4 years ago#34
This shouldn't be that surprising.

If you look at the sheer number of individuals on the credits, it should be pretty obvious that making games of the calibre is going to cost a lot of money.

If the early buzz and press are accurate, they should more than make their money back.

I'm looking forward to this game.
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego

User Info: DevilTears604

DevilTears604
4 years ago#35
It's a symptom of the mindset gamers have nowadays. I can remember back to the Super Nintendo days where we spent $50 on a game that could be completed in an afternoon. Twenty years later, gamers demand the most high-res graphics, production costs on par with Hollywood, and a hundred hours of gameplay. And how much has the cost for us to purchase the games gone up? $10. That's it. THAT'S why developers are going out of business left and right. The cost to make games has skyrocketed and the cost to purchase said games has barely gone up at all. That structure just does not work in a capitalistic world.
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
4 years ago#36
megamatics posted...
danny_S_06 posted...
No wonder devs are going out of business with costs this huge.

The cost being Huge is all their own fault. The Eggs can only be in 1 basket until it eventually topples over. Good grounded and cost effective games will always be more sustainable.

Shamus Young wrote that this kind of budget overrun is the result of quadrupling staff to get a 4-year development quality game out in 1 year. It doesn't work that way, for the same reason nine women working together can't produce a baby in one month.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/experienced-points/10240-Where-EA-Went-Wrong

His previous column is also apropos.

The result is wildly uneven quality.

Mass Effect: Massive Interface Fail Part I
http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/mass-effect-interface-fail/
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com

User Info: The_Djoker

The_Djoker
4 years ago#37
that's insaely high for a game that won't even sell that much. I mean sure Infinite will do 2-3 Million+ but that sort of budget it should be looking at half of COD sales. COD games usually sell 12-15 Million. No way is bioshock going to sell 7-8 Million.
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png

User Info: AssaultMonkey9

AssaultMonkey9
4 years ago#38
So assuming they make 50 bucks a pop on new games being sold (probably less) they will need to sell 4 million just to break even

Thats insanity
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni, Dead Space 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, AC3
PSN: AssaultMonkey150

User Info: ZidaneTribal93

ZidaneTribal93
4 years ago#39
Mother of god.

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
4 years ago#40
this board is full of self proclaimed market analysts, it's ridiculous.

Seriously, lol, who cares about this stuff? I mean, I know the game on Steam has already reached, well, A CRAP TON of preorders/prepaid in full. Flop? Well, they can certainly TRY to make the game flop....

Did Bioshock kill your mothers or something? Or do yuou honestly think you know the "industry" so well that it gives you some bizarre sense of accomplishment to predict this flopping?

Either way this topic is pretty pathetic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Holy ****!!!!!!! Bioshock infinite's budget is 100 million, 200 million with...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived