This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox needs a PS Plus

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Xbox needs a PS Plus

User Info: PhaseSlaethe

PhaseSlaethe
4 years ago#31
CaptainLuka posted...
Without reading to see if anyone else has mentioned this - I have something to nitpick with the posted video.

Who honestly has PS+, sees a new game come out and just says, "Oh, I'll wait for it to hit PS+!"
That could be months. ******* years. It could be never.

If you've had PS+ for more than a month, you have the knowledge that you will never know what is coming the following month. Saying you'll wait for a movie on Netflix is different. Netflix adds many more items much faster than PS+. It's much more likely you'll see a movie or tv show hit Netflix. That whole snippet of the podcast is blabbering about is absolutely moronic.

Agreed.

Netflix gets most movies released.

PSN gets a handful of things free. Maybe a LOT of games on deals, but not everything has gone free so far.

User Info: RE4_Stranger

RE4_Stranger
4 years ago#32
RBGamer_ posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
Shineboxer posted...
Who cares, XBOX live is worth the money over PS PLUS.

I'm not poor, so 60 bucks is better for service than a few stupid rental games I don't care about.

So you'd rather throw money away to pay for something you could get for free?

Well then I hope you don't get married cause you'd most likely spend all your time with prostitutes instead of your wife.

Lmfao. Much as I can't stand Shineboxer he has a point. The online of XBOX Live blows the PSN away. That's not a matter of opinion either. Dedicated servers, faster download speeds, and overall better quality is already worth it.

Wait did you say xbox live uses dedicated servers? Who told you that lie. Console gaming for the most part is peer 2 peer, That means no dedicated servers. The only game on xbox live that i can think of that has them is Gears 3 and those are only in ranked and for people with the dlc.

Also better quality in which way? Again as most every game on consoles is peer 2 peer the quality will be the same regardless of which network you are on. All XBOX gold has is cross game chat which is on Vita ad not PS3 simply because of hardware limitations and custom soundtracks, which i think again are because of hardware limitations.

You see XBOX 360 uses one pool of 512 mb of ram where as PS3 uses 256mb of vram and 256 mb of regular ram. This means things outside of games like cross game chat and soundtracks are much more difficult to implement.
Feel free to add me if we play something in common
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Fus Ro Dah Eh

User Info: Ajescent

Ajescent
4 years ago#33
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Ajescent posted...

Let's agree to disagree what we thought was fun.

Translation - You know you have no bullets left.

FYI, I liked Journey. Doesn't negate what I said.

But surely you liking it suggests you think it's good or has the definition of the word changed?

P.s
Journey and flOwer aren't the only 'good' indie games exclusive to the psn, they were just the first 2 I mentioned. But as I say 'good' is subjective therefore futile for this.
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent

User Info: plo617

plo617
4 years ago#34
CaptainLuka posted...
Without reading to see if anyone else has mentioned this - I have something to nitpick with the posted video.

Who honestly has PS+, sees a new game come out and just says, "Oh, I'll wait for it to hit PS+!"

If you've had PS+ for more than a month, you have the knowledge that you will never know what is coming the following month. Saying you'll wait for a movie on Netflix is different. Netflix adds many more items much faster than PS+. It's much more likely you'll see a movie or tv show hit Netflix. That whole snippet of the podcast is blabbering about is absolutely moronic.

There have been plenty of games that I thought were not my cup of tea or that I didn't get because I was busy playing other games. PS+ got me to try out all kinds of games that I wouldn't have thought to pick up. Also, like I said before, there are also Betas, sales and free trials.

User Info: PhaseSlaethe

PhaseSlaethe
4 years ago#35
Ajescent posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Ajescent posted...

Let's agree to disagree what we thought was fun.

Translation - You know you have no bullets left.

FYI, I liked Journey. Doesn't negate what I said.

But surely you liking it suggests you think it's good or has the definition of the word changed?

No.

Liking something =/= that thing is "good".

Not when it comes to games.

User Info: CaptainLuka

CaptainLuka
4 years ago#36
plo617 posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

There have been plenty of games that I thought were not my cup of tea or that I didn't get because I was busy playing other games. PS+ got me to try out all kinds of games that I wouldn't have thought to pick up. Also, like I said before, there are also Betas, sales and free trials.

What you are saying has absolutely nothing to do with my statement.
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif

User Info: kcypher2000

kcypher2000
4 years ago#37
plo617 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
My problem with ps+ is that you only lease the games and most of them i either already own, rented and could careless about or just dont care to play at all. Not to mention that most are in the bargain bin now. The whole service is a catch 22, if you really wanted the game, you would have bought it already.

But there are also PS+ exclusive sales, free betas, time trials. It's not just the "free" games.

Get the same stuff on live and every game even indy games an arcade titles have demos on live. Live is better.

User Info: kcypher2000

kcypher2000
4 years ago#38
I think ps+ is only good for non gamers who just got a console for this gen now. It doesnt benefit real gamers who would have played those games when they were new if they were interested in them at all. Just like Live is not worth it if you rarely play online, then psn for free is better. Otherwise for someone who games often and likes mp i could not imagine owning just one console and not playing mp on live.

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
4 years ago#39
Shineboxer posted...
Who cares, XBOX live is worth the money over PS PLUS.

I'm not poor, so 60 bucks is better for service than a few stupid rental games I don't care about.

not anymore, its just as slow, crap and lagggy as psn. except psn is free.the days of xboxlive being better are long gone.

User Info: CaptainLuka

CaptainLuka
4 years ago#40
kcypher2000 posted...
I think ps+ is only good for non gamers who just got a console for this gen now. It doesnt benefit real gamers who would have played those games when they were new if they were interested in them at all. Just like Live is not worth it if you rarely play online, then psn for free is better. Otherwise for someone who games often and likes mp i could not imagine owning just one console and not playing mp on live.

The amount of ignorance - it hurts.
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Xbox needs a PS Plus

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived