This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 80010038 error during installation, what gives?

User Info: mr2

mr2
6 years ago#1
Downloaded SFIV:AE, then MegaMan8+9, took over 12 hours for the DLs (SFIV is over 18GB)
The MegaMans installed, but for SF I keep getting the same 80010038 error with a 0kb corrupted file.
Also tried a 6GB download (took +4 hours to DL) and get the same error.

I doubt my HDD is corrupt (MegaMan installed afterwards) and I have 60GB free.
Could the slow download have something to do with it?

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
6 years ago#2
Your HDD is corrupt most likely, doesn't matter that Megaman installed fine.

Back up everything up to an external and format it, that may solve the problem, but most likely your HDD is starting to fail. The fact it's having issues with large files and they're becoming corrupt is a sign of that, Mega Man is a fairly small file, that's likely why it still worked.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

mr2
6 years ago#3
damn it.

I'm not going to bother buying an external, will just copy gamesaves and deal with downloading everything again. I had some corrupt TV show files, not sure if the file was bad and corrupted the HDD, or the vise versa.

User Info: Heatseeker2

Heatseeker2
6 years ago#4
I've had the exact issues with my new Holiday 2012 Super slim. It took 9 tries for me to successfully get a working demon soul's and 12 for Infamous 2 from Ps+. I chose to swap it out at BB before the holiday return was over and am trying to re-download everything now. Swapping it at BB was a total pain in the arse because the lack of availability and special pricing. Before I swapped it out these were the things I tried...

Wired connection
DMZ - static ip
Port forwarding
MTU settings below 1500 (downloads went so slow they crapped out early)
Turning off Media Server and What's New Features
A portable wireless hotspot from verizon (too slow resulting in failure)
Not backgrounding downloads
Downloading Items from Account Info--> Transaction Management --> Download List

So far the only download from last night that has been unsuccessful was the Ni No Kuni demo at 2.6gb on the NEW super slim (23gbs of games downloaded). It definitely seems to occur with larger file sizes. From what I have read 14% during the install process is the moment where the PS3 has uncompressed the download so during its checking process it finds missing packets resulting in the error. Some have suggested this is more frequent during peak hours.

I'll post again once things are done downloading. =\

mr2
6 years ago#5
I think we're having different issues;
Downloads are working for me (albeit slowly, slow internet connection).
My problem is;

An error occurred during the install operation.
(80010038)

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
6 years ago#6
used to have this issue.

fixed by replacing a new ethernet cable.
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > III > I > II

mr2
6 years ago#7
which problem, the Downloading or Installation one?

mr2
6 years ago#8
I thought formatting cleaned the entire HDD; my account info and wireless setting are still saved.
Does the PS3 save this on some sort of built in flash memory?

User Info: RyuuHou25

RyuuHou25
6 years ago#9
mr2 posted...
I thought formatting cleaned the entire HDD; my account info and wireless setting are still saved.

Certain things in the system software are not deleted, but everything else is. The only way to truly format it is to take it out, put it in a laptop or connect to a PC, format it through that, that erases everything.

It's still the same though really, and will give you your answer regardless.
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB

User Info: beebarb

beebarb
6 years ago#10
mr2 posted...

Not really, it would just be a reserved area of the hard drive. There would be a System partition and a User partition. All it would format is the User partition.

To my knowledge only the Super Slim uses flash memory, but only the low capacity model. Once a hard drive is installed that flash memory is ignored by the system.
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. 80010038 error during installation, what gives?
  • Topic Archived