This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. WTF? This content has a time limit?

User Info: moscow_mule

moscow_mule
8 years ago#1
Yesterday i decided that i wanted to play my digital copy of FFIX.

So i turn on my ps3 and select it and i get an error message saying: The content has a time limit. Please verify time and date via internet through the settings menu.

Unfortunately ive just moved into a new flat and i dont yet have internet and i wont for at least 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to sort it without the use of the internet?

Ive got to say im pretty F***ing annoyed at sony about this as ive paid for this game so it is my property and i cant access it.

Im having this problem with a number of other games ive downloaded also, not just FFIX.

Also before anyone asks i did not purchase any of these games via PS Plus or any kind of promotional deal.

Many Thanks in advance.
PSN: moscow_mule
DCUO EUPS3 Hero: Sam Jordan

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
8 years ago#2
Did you download the trial first and then not complete it before you bought it?
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

moscow_mule
8 years ago#3
Nope it was a straight forward purchase.

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
8 years ago#4
moscow_mule posted...
Yesterday i decided that i wanted to play my digital copy of FFIX.

So i turn on my ps3 and select it and i get an error message saying: The content has a time limit. Please verify time and date via internet through the settings menu.

Unfortunately ive just moved into a new flat and i dont yet have internet and i wont for at least 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to sort it without the use of the internet?

Ive got to say im pretty F***ing annoyed at sony about this as ive paid for this game so it is my property and i cant access it.

Im having this problem with a number of other games ive downloaded also, not just FFIX.

Also before anyone asks i did not purchase any of these games via PS Plus or any kind of promotional deal.

Many Thanks in advance.

I have had that once when I had my PS3 disconnected for a few days with no Inet access. (when I moved and did renos.) once I got the Inet I set the date via the internet and all my content worked again.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic

User Info: WestcoastMike

WestcoastMike
8 years ago#5
While your purchased stuff doesn't expire, I'm guessing they still go through some kind of check for it as if it did have an expiration date. So, you're screwed until you can get an internet connection =\
(message deleted)

moscow_mule
8 years ago#7
GM_ posted...
Have you accessed it on more than 2 Playstation 3 systems or PSP/Vita systems?

The only systems ive used it on are my PS3 and my PSP.
(message deleted)

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
8 years ago#9
WestcoastMike posted...
While your purchased stuff doesn't expire, I'm guessing they still go through some kind of check for it as if it did have an expiration date. So, you're screwed until you can get an internet connection =\

This is the reason I dislike digital purchases. I hate the idea of some company/server having control over a product I put good money towards.

>_<
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

moscow_mule
8 years ago#10
What a ball-ache.

I guess in theory if i take my ps3 to a place with a working internet connection like a friends or work or something. Confirm time and date, then bring it back home on the same day i should be okay?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. WTF? This content has a time limit?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A