This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)
(message deleted)

User Info: Sevi_ney

Sevi_ney
9 years ago#302
Phan_Boi_Chau posted...

Weird, because you used the words "segregating" and "isolating," and they used the words "uniting" and "inclusive." I think you probably need to learn what "segregation" means before you start offering to teach people about it.

Yes. Uniting. Inclusion. Or, consolidation of a subgroup. Which is divisory.

User Info: ValedictorianXD

ValedictorianXD
9 years ago#303
I agree that a gay gaming convention is somewhat idiotic and/or unnecessary. There is no such thing as asian, black, republican, tall people, football jocks, etc gaming conventions. Naturally in the gay culture, however, they need something to stick out because they are loud and proud and we need to get used to it. I have nothing against gay people but if they want to fight for "equality" and they figure that a completely separate convention is necessary for equality then it only makes sense that I attend the convention. I'm not gay but I do support the gay movement. I just hope that the gay gamers can accept my clearly heterosexual lifestyle and unnecessary machismo as I have learned to accept their clearly homosexual lifestyle and unnecessary habit of making a gay version of everything in the name of "equality."

So where is this thing going to take place?
Lifetime Death Threats Received: 3751
(message deleted)

User Info: EmiHinata

EmiHinata
9 years ago#305
ValedictorianXD posted...
I agree that a gay gaming convention is somewhat idiotic and/or unnecessary. There is no such thing as asian, black, republican, tall people, football jocks, etc gaming conventions. Naturally in the gay culture, however, they need something to stick out because they are loud and proud and we need to get used to it. I have nothing against gay people but if they want to fight for "equality" and they figure that a completely separate convention is necessary for equality then it only makes sense that I attend the convention. I'm not gay but I do support the gay movement. I just hope that the gay gamers can accept my clearly heterosexual lifestyle and unnecessary machismo as I have learned to accept their clearly homosexual lifestyle and unnecessary habit of making a gay version of everything in the name of "equality."

Not every gay man is feminine, just as not every straight man is "totally macho".

The convention's not closed to straight people. If you wanted to go to it just to take a look around--not make fun of everything and harass people--absolutely no logical person would have a problem with it. Just as San Diego Comic-Con is open to whoever wants to buy a ticket, be it Darth Vader's biggest fan or Joe Schmo who fixes cars for a living, Gaymercon is open to straight people and gay people alike.
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com
(message deleted)

User Info: Phan_Boi_Chau

Phan_Boi_Chau
9 years ago#307
Sevi_ney posted...
Phan_Boi_Chau posted...

Weird, because you used the words "segregating" and "isolating," and they used the words "uniting" and "inclusive." I think you probably need to learn what "segregation" means before you start offering to teach people about it.

Yes. Uniting. Inclusion. Or, consolidation of a subgroup. Which is divisory.

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcastic or not
Please read my post twice before responding. I can't be bothered to reply to someone who didn't read my post properly.

User Info: Phan_Boi_Chau

Phan_Boi_Chau
9 years ago#308
Sevi_ney posted...
I'm not so sure the majority of the gay community even wants social equality. It seems now they would rather be recognized as special for their common relationships, while given extra rights and considerations.

This one too
Please read my post twice before responding. I can't be bothered to reply to someone who didn't read my post properly.
(message deleted)

User Info: ValedictorianXD

ValedictorianXD
9 years ago#310
EmiHinata posted...
ValedictorianXD posted...

Not every gay man is feminine, just as not every straight man is "totally macho".

The convention's not closed to straight people. If you wanted to go to it just to take a look around--not make fun of everything and harass people--absolutely no logical person would have a problem with it. Just as San Diego Comic-Con is open to whoever wants to buy a ticket, be it Darth Vader's biggest fan or Joe Schmo who fixes cars for a living, Gaymercon is open to straight people and gay people alike.

First off, I never stated that every male is macho. I was referring to myself...hence the word "my".

Secondly, I would never dream of harassing gay people although the reason I mentioned my decision in the first place is because what you just said is the common stereotype gay people hold against straight folk. They believe that I will go there to call people "gay, f*****, homo etc. much like they have seen elsewhere. If they kept straight people away or shunned them for that reason then the whole basis for a gaymer convention is flawed if you are finding it upon the principles of personal space, acceptance, equality and what have you.

Thirdly, since it is open to straight people (which sort of defeats the purpose of a gaymer convention) then that's good. I'm glad they are making such strong advances in accepting others of different sexual orientation.

So out of curiosity, will this gaymer convention also have homosexual games? I can't think of any off the top of my head but I know they exist.
Lifetime Death Threats Received: 3751
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. A Gay Gamer Convention is NOT Necessary (Gaymercon 2013)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A