This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. VGchartz admitting to getting paid off by Sony to promote PS3

User Info: Agent_Greer

Agent_Greer
8 years ago#21
CrimsonGear80 posted...
So they pay sites to promote their products? OK, why is that bad?
Came into the topic to say this. Can't believe I'm agreeing with the Crimster.

I guess commercials and advertisements are shady business practices now.
I am SoundCell and you've been GameFaqs'd

User Info: scjet

scjet
8 years ago#22
This just in: Man Lands On Moon.
February 29th, 2010
Never Forget!

User Info: chrisat928

chrisat928
8 years ago#23
scjet posted...

No we didn't.
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.

User Info: KainnK19

KainnK19
8 years ago#24
scjet posted...

http://youtu.be/-f_DPrSEOEo
I was into the Playstation Move before it was cool to be - 7/13/2010
Does that sounds logic? It is NOT - TH3_SYN

User Info: RE4_Stranger

RE4_Stranger
8 years ago#25
KainnK19 posted...
Wow, total reading comprehension fail.

VGchartz wasn't paid off to promote Sony over an extended period of time. They were paid to have banners and advertisements on their site, promoting upcoming DLC packs, and to write some advertorial pieces on these specific DLC packages. You know, because that's how marketing works. You have advertisers say good things about your product.

The man speaking on behalf of VGchartz here says he took extra initiative - on his own and not on Sony's dollar - to not say anything bad about the DLC during that period. From the details given, that was not part of the agreement Sony made; it's just this guy thinking you shouldn't accept money from someone and then advertise something you don't like about that person's product.

You've not only misunderstood the situation at hand, but attempted to sensationalize it into a slander against Sony or VGchartz or both. There's so much bitter stupid dripping out of your post I can't tell.

Please, for the love of reason, actually try to understand what you read.

You just owned the known 360 fanboy TC with simple reading comprehension. LOL cookie for you good sir.
PSN: TheNine-Ball Gamertag: Metal Gear EH
Adam Archuleta 31z 8 years ago#26
KainnK19 posted...
No, they were not paid to "not post negative reviews". They were paid to post positive advertorials, and an individual at VGchartz, not at Sony, gave the command to not post negative articles.

What are you talking about?

Chris Arnone 5:18 pm
Like starting this week (was going to email you about it), no editorial content can speak badly of Killzone 3, GT5, or inFamous 2

Joseph Jackmovich 5:19 pm
that’s…messed up

Chris Arnone 5:19 pm
We’ve got an ad deal with that Edge/Schick promotion
That’s part of it

He (at the very least) implied that not posting negative content is part of the ad promotion. Where are you getting this, it was his own command stuff?

In addition, I really like how you just gloss over the "paid to write advertorials", without actually labelling that they're advertisements part. If true, these are pretty damaging accusations against all parties involved.
This sig will not change until the St. Louis Rams return to primetime! Started November 6, 2009.

User Info: Paulina_Pierce

Paulina_Pierce
8 years ago#27
big gulps huh!?
well see ya later!
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5360/12crydavis1225240761047.jpg

User Info: PrinceYoshi

PrinceYoshi
8 years ago#28
Adam Archuleta 31z posted...
KainnK19 posted...
No, they were not paid to "not post negative reviews". They were paid to post positive advertorials, and an individual at VGchartz, not at Sony, gave the command to not post negative articles.

Like starting this week (was going to email you about it), no editorial content can speak badly of Killzone 3, GT5, or inFamous 2

that’s…messed up

That’s part of it

He (at the very least) implied that not posting negative content is part of the ad promotion. Where are you getting this, it was his own command stuff?

In addition, I really like how you just gloss over the "paid to write advertorials", without actually labelling that they're advertisements part. If true, these are pretty damaging accusations against all parties involved.

You just owned RE4_Stranger and Kaain with good reading comprehension. LOL cookie to you good sir.

Getting paid to write positive advertorials is bad enough, as WELL as getting paid to ALSO not be negative on said games in their entierety, thus affecting many things including site "reviews."

Who knows what else Sony paid them to do?

User Info: Soljah

Soljah
8 years ago#29
KainnK19 posted...
Wow, total reading comprehension fail.

VGchartz wasn't paid off to promote Sony over an extended period of time. They were paid to have banners and advertisements on their site, promoting upcoming DLC packs, and to write some advertorial pieces on these specific DLC packages. You know, because that's how marketing works. You have advertisers say good things about your product.

The man speaking on behalf of VGchartz here says he took extra initiative - on his own and not on Sony's dollar - to not say anything bad about the DLC during that period. From the details given, that was not part of the agreement Sony made; it's just this guy thinking you shouldn't accept money from someone and then advertise something you don't like about that person's product.

You've not only misunderstood the situation at hand, but attempted to sensationalize it into a slander against Sony or VGchartz or both. There's so much bitter stupid dripping out of your post I can't tell.

Please, for the love of reason, actually try to understand what you read.

It's amazing how stupid some people are here honestly. At least you know whats going on. And the 360 fairy who posted this must think MS doesn't advertize at all -_-
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
Which is worse Ignorance or Apathy - I dont know and I dont care. ^_^

User Info: Big_Boss222

Big_Boss222
8 years ago#30

that’s…messed up

That’s part of it

He didn't imply anything. He took it upon himself to tell his staff to not write anything negative. He could have easily told them Sony in order for us to do this we have to make everything look positive. Also paying a site to promote things is very common in advertising. It's the same thing with MS having Ellen Degeneres promote Kinect. You think she did that because she was genuinely interested?
PSN ID: Boke18
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. VGchartz admitting to getting paid off by Sony to promote PS3
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers