This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 Fan Problems

User Info: OskiBoski

OskiBoski
4 weeks ago#1
Hello, I am having a issue with my Xbox 360 Slim and I think it has something to do with the fans but at the same time it could be something I don't know. So basically the problem is that when I turn on my console the Xbox starts heating up quite quickly and I mean like 5 minutes and it becomes pretty hot and it's even a bigger problem when putting in discs, after maybe 30 minutes to an hour my discs start to have blurs on them after taking them off which is not normal and it's annoying to wipe the blurs off all the time. I started looking at the console itself and on one side of the console it blows air and it's pretty cool and then on the other side and on the top (my xbox is laying flat) that's where the heat is coming from but from what I am seeing the top fan is still spinning so what in the world can be the problem, so in short left side is cold and blows airs, but the top fan is not blowing out any cold air whatsoever including the right side and this is from a horizontal perspective.

And it also seems like when I play my disc games through my HDD the discs don't get blurs at all.
KURASSHU BANDIKUUUUU
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
4 weeks ago#2
For S-models the side vent draws cooler outside air in while the top fan blows the heated internal air out.

Installing disc games to the HDD is recommended. This allows internal components to create less heat and reduces wear on the DVD drive and on the disc games it runs.
'~'

User Info: OskiBoski

OskiBoski
4 weeks ago#3
Alrighty, I'll do that from now on thank you for the reply!
KURASSHU BANDIKUUUUU
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 Fan Problems