This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Safe to have 360 Vertical?

User Info: ShadowSliph

ShadowSliph
2 months ago#1
Alright, so I recently started standing a few of my systems up vertically (specifically the PS4 Pro, PS3, and Xbox 360) in order to save space. I've noticed the fan gets kinda loud, but otherwise it's in a stable area; is it OK to leave my 360 like that? I kinda like it like that.

Also, I have a 360 E, if that makes a difference.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#2
it is not a good sign if the fan is much noisier, maybe there isn't enough air flow. i've used my S vertical for 9 years now without issue, but i keep over a foot of clear space to the side of the fan. the main danger with vertical is knocking the system while a disc is spinning and damaging the disc.
nyuuuuuuuuu~

ShadowSliph
2 months ago#3
beautifuldreams posted...
it is not a good sign if the fan is much noisier, maybe there isn't enough air flow. i've used my S vertical for 9 years now without issue, but i keep over a foot of clear space to the side of the fan. the main danger with vertical is knocking the system while a disc is spinning and damaging the disc.

Yeah, there's a fair amount of space. I'll have to try it hotizontal and see if the fan is any different.

ShadowSliph
2 months ago#4
The knocking over part shouldn't be a problem, but are there any stands that could help with ventilation?

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#5
not to my knowledge
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: botsrule

botsrule
2 months ago#6
@ShadowSliph
I personally wouldn't want my 360 to be standing up. You have the possibility of scuffing your disc as pointed out by beautifuldreams.

I don't know of any stands but I did read about a VHS trick online. If you have some old VHS tapes, you can take a screwdriver and take it apart. Don't lose the screws. Gut it, remove everything. Then put the hollowed out casing back together with the screws.

You can put your 360 on it horizontally and it should get better air flow. Less chance of getting RROD on the older models.

I'm ASSUMING that you could stand your 360 up on a gutted VHS tape. That should increase ventilation a little bit.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Safe to have 360 Vertical?