This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I turned on my 360 first time in 5 years

User Info: trash_master

trash_master
1 month ago#1
I forgot how loud that damn thing is LOL that Xbox was screaming when I started up the game. Wahhhhhh wooooooooooooo fan was spinning crazy.

User Info: bulletproofvita

bulletproofvita
1 month ago#2
Lol it does that. But I still prefer it to the One
Signatures are overrated.

trash_master
1 month ago#3
bulletproofvita posted...
Lol it does that. But I still prefer it to the One

Lol same. I was playing some ninja gaiden 2 and it’s great
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
1 month ago#5
Which model is it? I have the E model and can't say I ever noticed it. I must not have been paying attention but will next time I turn it on. I can't say it is that loud though so maybe Xbox 360 E models fixed the loud fans?

My fat 60gb backwards compatible PS3 on the other hand makes that fan sound for a second or two when system is first turned on and booting up then goes quite. A few minutes later even sitting at XMB screen the fan kicks on and stays at its normal speed which isn't that loud but is louder then all my other systems except maybe my fat PS2. At times it gets louder like when playing a PS2 game on it. I say it gets as loud as playing a demanding game on my OG PS4 which is louder then my PS4 Pro. I still think it has one maybe two more speeds after which I hopefully never hear.

Works just fine and never had overheating issue though but damn I stay paranoid over that loud fan. Since the old PS3 models are known to have overheating issue and YLOD, I mainly use my Slim or Super Slim PS3 and a actual PS2. I still like playing on my fat PS3 at times though. Yes I have changed the thermal paste on it to Artic MX4 to be clear.

That said this topic is about Xbox 360 not PS3. I only have experience with the E model as I never owned a OG or Slim Xbox 360. I think I heard the OG 360 was indeed loud though.
Kutabare
(edited 1 month ago)

trash_master
1 month ago#6
DarkHalf91 posted...
Which model is it? I have the E model and can't say I ever noticed it. I must not have been paying attention but will next time I turn it on. I can't say it is that loud though so maybe Xbox 360 E models fixed the loud fans?

My fat 60gb backwards compatible PS3 on the other hand makes that fan sound for a second or two when system is first turned on and booting up then goes quite. A few minutes later even sitting at XMB screen the fan kicks on and stays at its normal speed which isn't that loud but is louder then all my other systems except maybe my fat PS2. At times it gets louder like when playing a PS2 game on it. I say it gets as loud as playing a demanding game on my OG PS4 which is louder then my PS4 Pro. I still think it has one maybe two more speeds after which I hopefully never hear.

Works just fine and never had overheating issue though but damn I stay paranoid over that loud fan. Since the old PS3 models are known to have overheating issue and YLOD, I mainly use my Slim or Super Slim PS3 and a actual PS2. I still like playing on my fat PS3 at times though. Yes I have changed the thermal paste on it to Artic MX4 to be clear.

That said this topic is about Xbox 360 not PS3. I only have experience with the E model as I never owned a OG or Slim Xbox 360. I think I heard the OG 360 was indeed loud though.

I have the very first version of the 360 lol the arcade edition. The $200 one. It’s still kicking after I heard so many people’s Xbox died on them lol. That Xbox go crazy when I turn it on it’s kinda funny everytime I hear the fan kicks on and it makes such a loud noise WAAAAAAA WOOOOOOO. It’s really damn loud hahahahaha

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#7
The Xbox 360 S is actually very quiet. On the other hand my backup older Falcon Xbox 360 model sounds like a jet engine, so I just keep it in storage in case my S malfunctions and needs repair.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
1 month ago#8
it's the drive that spins up to 12x (i think it is) to read the disc.

not the fans.

atleast in my expieence the fans barely ever get loud.

try playing an installed game, once the disc spins down the console barely makes any noise, just normal low level fan sound.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: barrylyndon55

barrylyndon55
1 month ago#9
trash_master posted...
DarkHalf91 posted...

I have the very first version of the 360 lol the arcade edition. The $200 one. It’s still kicking after I heard so many people’s Xbox died on them lol. That Xbox go crazy when I turn it on it’s kinda funny everytime I hear the fan kicks on and it makes such a loud noise WAAAAAAA WOOOOOOO. It’s really damn loud hahahahaha

That's the one I have and it still partially works! It doesn't read discs though, but I can still play the games I downloaded on it.
The less fortunate get all the breaks! - Fry, Futurama

trash_master
1 month ago#10
youngskillz posted...
it's the drive that spins up to 12x (i think it is) to read the disc.

not the fans.

atleast in my expieence the fans barely ever get loud.

try playing an installed game, once the disc spins down the console barely makes any noise, just normal low level fan sound.

I think you’re correct! I think it’s is the disc drive making all that noise
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I turned on my 360 first time in 5 years