This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Which is the best model Xbox 360 to Pick up?

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
2 months ago#11
I prefer E because it's newer. Less features, but less likely to have problems, new.

If you buy used, S or E, because you would have no knowledge how it was treated previously, making my first point meaningless.
lovecraft223

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#12
iir, all E use the least power, which should mean less heat, and less fan noise. the S revision made after a certain date is pretty close

just try to avoid the 4gb models, because if the 4gb memory goes, you lose your system update, so you can't sign into live, download game updates, etc
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
2 months ago#13
I was just about to make a similar topic when I saw this. I just got a new Xbox one x about 2 weeks ago, now I want a slim 360 as well. The problem is they are either always trashed used, or hella expensive new😑
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
2 months ago#14
i bought a new S model 5 years ago this month.. it was a 250gb and cost me $250 at the single gamestop in a 20 mile radius around me that still actually had one in stock.

the paranoid former microsoft-doubter in me is just waiting for something to go wrong - but it's running as quietly as the day i got it. i had a couple scares where anytime a disc spun up i started hearing a loud rattle and was sure the disc drive or fan was crapping out on me. it turned out that over time a few empty glass bottles i had on top of that same bookcase slowly moved near each other due to the vibration and then rattled whenever the xbox was on. took me a few days to finally realize this and i felt very stupid afterwords.

my audio receiver doesn't take hdmi, so i had to go with the S model for my surround setup.. but otherwise, if you're buying it new both E and S are equally reliable. and a 4gb may not be a bad idea if the price is right, because i'd recommend upgrading to a 500gb hdd anyway. new official MS hdds are cheap nowadays, but i suppose that depends on how many games you plan on getting..

Armyofone: which 360 games are you wanting to play that arent yet BC on the One? i'd like to get a One X myself eventually, but my backlog is already long enough and i'd like to wait until most of my collection is BC..
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned

User Info: InuboyNetwork

InuboyNetwork
2 months ago#15
I own the E. I like it. I highly recommend it.
Watch as I surpass my own origin!!!

User Info: Rammstein_Till

Rammstein_Till
2 months ago#16
I own a launch model that got refurbed from microsoft

a gloss black elite model

and picked up a E model recently for games that aren't backwards compatible and have it next to the xbox one.

Have to say I like the E model just because its way more silent then the Elite model that I use now strictly for rock band drums.

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
2 months ago#17
beautifuldreams posted...
iir, all E use the least power, which should mean less heat, and less fan noise. the S revision made after a certain date is pretty close

just try to avoid the 4gb models, because if the 4gb memory goes, you lose your system update, so you can't sign into live, download game updates, etc

Interesting. I didn't realize that the 4gb models had so many problems. After looking into it, it seems that some of them can be opened to physically remove the flash memory, while others have them soldiered to the mother board.

Without opening it up, is there any way to tell which have the flash memory soldiered? Like a model number or production year or something?
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: beautifuldreams

beautifuldreams
2 months ago#18
i think it was only the very earliest S that had the 4gb connected as modules, but honestly i wouldn't be too worried about it if you already have one
nyuuuuuuuuu~

User Info: Yi_Long

Yi_Long
2 months ago#19
I still have a working black Elite, but I know many of those consoles suffered the 'ring of death' so if you're buying a new one, you should probably avoid those and get one of the newer models.

User Info: LaraCroftEyes1

LaraCroftEyes1
2 months ago#20
Yi_Long posted...
I still have a working black Elite, but I know many of those consoles suffered the 'ring of death' so if you're buying a new one, you should probably avoid those and get one of the newer models.

Are Xbox 360 slims still good to buy?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Which is the best model Xbox 360 to Pick up?