This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do they call it Xbox 360?

User Info: SlyflyT

SlyflyT
1 month ago#1
Because every time I see one I turn 360 degrees and walk away.
YO YO YO SlickT, coolness to da max, Slick as turtle WAX!

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 month ago#2
If you turned 180, you'd walk away, turn a complete 360 circle and you're still walking toward the best Generation 7 system.

Why 360? It's still around.

Forza, Halo, multiplats, B/C with favorite OG Xbox games like Phantom Crash, Roadkill, etc.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)

SlyflyT
4 weeks ago#4
Supersoldier105 posted...
If you turned 180, you'd walk away, turn a complete 360 circle and you're still walking toward the best Generation 7 system.

NO,

PS3 dominates the Garbagebox 360. It's just a fact and the fact that the PS3 has more and better exclusives, with the fact that the PS3 outsold it also proves my point.

That was only after MS threw the 360 in the trash by going all in on the Kinect.

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
4 weeks ago#5

NO,

PS3 dominates the Garbagebox 360. It's just a fact and the fact that the PS3 has more and better exclusives, with the fact that the PS3 outsold it also proves my point.

Sorry, I have both, and the 360 outpoints the PS3 in every way. Forza is vastly superior to Gran Turismo. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my PS3 as an external hard drive for my Vita, and for GT. But the 360 is superior for multiplats and has B/C for favorite OG games. My original hardware B/C PS3 died of YLOD, my PS3 slim is fine, but B/C is reliable on Xbox.

If others' experience is like mine, the PS3 had to outsell the 360, because everyone had to buy at least two PS3s to have one that works.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

SlyflyT
4 weeks ago#6
dancer62 posted...

NO,

Sorry, I have both, and the 360 outpoints the PS3 in every way. Forza is vastly superior to Gran Turismo. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my PS3 as an external hard drive for my Vita, and for GT. But the 360 is superior for multiplats and has B/C for favorite OG games. My original hardware B/C PS3 died of YLOD, my PS3 slim is fine, but B/C is reliable on Xbox.

If others' experience is like mine, the PS3 had to outsell the 360, because everyone had to buy at least two PS3s to have one that works.

I dont know about that. I had 4 360s die of red rings. I had to buy 4 360s over the generation because of RROD. Right now I have a working elite that I sent for free repair to MS and a 360 S that are working still but have not been turned on in years.

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
4 weeks ago#7
dancer62 posted...

Fair point. I'm still on my only 360 (2011-present), while a friend of mine went through three PS3s (2008-2018) before jumping to PS4.

Edit: Too bad the PS3 slim didn't keep PS2 disc games support.
'~'
(edited 4 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
4 weeks ago#9
dancer62 posted...

Are we just going to pretend Red Ring of Death was not an issue with Xbox 360?
Kutabare

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
4 weeks ago#10
DarkHalf91 posted...
Are we just going to pretend Red Ring of Death was not an issue with Xbox 360?

All "launch" 7th-gen consoles were notable for their unusually high hardware failure rates (most common):

360's RROD (over-heating);
PS3's YLOD (disc-read); and
Wii's BLOD (power-supply).

These issues, and others, were resolved in time for second edition (aka, "slim"; all brands) console releases. This means "normal", not "none", types and rates of system failure.
'~'
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Why do they call it Xbox 360?