This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Help Recommend Best games - for Mom / Senior Citizen - just got first Xbox 360

User Info: Angela12345

Angela12345
2 months ago#1
Hi, My mom & I are both new gamers, very very late in life haha (we each got one of the xbox 360 deals at Gamestop on Black Friday).

I even had to google how to turn the xbox on !! I borrowed a couple games from a neighbor kid to put in the system to make sure it works properly, and so now I'm currently addicted to Fallout New Vegas. Lucky me, that's one of the games he gave me to test the xbox, and then I was able to find the ultimate edition on clearance at Walmart. I understand its a highly rated game and I'm having fun with it so far.

What are some of the best games you would recommend for mom - a female senior citizen new 'gamer' (she's 72) ? I don't think she would necessarily like games that are all/mostly shooting, but it's ok if it's a minor part of the game that is fun/or has a good story/plot. If there are also any good games you recommend that two people could play at the same time, perhaps my stepfather would like to play occasionally with her (is it possible for 2 people to play an xbox at the same time if we have 2 controllers, or a game where they would take turns playing ?

I found someone selling a bunch of games used on Craigslist (like 40) for a great price, some of them are highly rated here, but I know nothing about any of the games or what they're like since I'm new to xbox too (it's the blind leading the blind here!!). Although, she lives a couple hours away from me so we can't share the games very easily anyway. I am going to send her to her local Gamestop to pick up a game or two or three for herself, based on what you guys recommend.

For the curious, here are the games I got off Craigslist for Xbox 360 . . .
Forza Horizon
Forza Motorsport 4
Need for Speed ProStreet
Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Guitar Hero II
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero World Tour
Madden NFL 09
NCAA Football 09
NCAA Football 10
NHL 10
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Afro Samurai
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Battlefield: Bad Company
Big Bumpin'
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Darksiders
Dishonored
Dungeon Siege III
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fable III
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry 3
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009
Resident Evil 5
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Sonic the Hedgehog

And for Xbox original that are supposed to be backwards compatible . . .
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Cars
Destroy All Humans!
Fuzion Frenzy
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
IndyCar Series 2005
MX vs. ATV Unleashed
Project Gotham Racing
Rapala Pro Fishing

User Info: Steffenfield

Steffenfield
2 months ago#2
https://levelskip.com/consoles/xbox-360-co-op-splitscreen-games

^That was written about six months ago.

Most of these are shooters though. :/

Also, most games have enormous virtual worlds that can be quite difficult to map out and remember, especially for someone like your mother at her age.

Forza would probably be something she might get the most joy out of playing.

Welcome to the forums. :)

User Info: DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX
2 months ago#3
Hexic HD is free on Live, a simple puzzle game, might appeal to either of you.
I'm not lazy, I just don't care
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeXNZ - https://steamcommunity.com/id/DeltaBladeX

User Info: botsrule

botsrule
2 months ago#4
Zuma is fun. I have an older relative who loves Zuma. She plays it on a computer with a mouse, she can't stand console controllers. I prefer the 360 controller. Watch the review video it might be something she would like.

I just looked around and getting a physical copy might be a bit hard. Microsoft Xbox store has it for 5 bucks. I think you can try out the Demo before you play. I think the Demos are still up. Not really 100 sure. Downloading Demos is probably a good idea for new gamers wanting to sample various games. I wish you both good luck. (smile)

Classic Game Room HD - ZUMA for Xbox 360 review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d366k7yYEmo
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
2 months ago#5
I'm a 72 year-old grandmother, gamer all my life (I built my first electronic game for oscilloscope display in 1961).

I'm a big fan of the X360. My favorites are the Forza Motorsports and Forza Horizon games (my real-life cars are a mildly performance-modified BMW convertible and a Toyota Supra). More favorites are the Earth Defense Force games.

72 isn't old, by any standard!
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: Steffenfield

Steffenfield
2 months ago#6
@dancer62

You seem pretty awesome. :D

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
2 months ago#7
Steffenfield posted...
@dancer62

Thanks.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
2 months ago#8
dancer62 posted...
Steffenfield posted...
@dancer62

Thanks.

Game on! d-ΓΌ
'~'

User Info: spectre_vampire

spectre_vampire
2 months ago#9
Peggle
Beatles Rock Band (if you don't want one of those drum sets or guitars lying around, you can just get a USB microphone)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Check out my cousin's LP channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHp_QtFJSUqpDXs67CsVWsA/videos

User Info: RockguyKev

RockguyKev
2 months ago#10
100% Lumines. It's a great modern puzzle game.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Help Recommend Best games - for Mom / Senior Citizen - just got first Xbox 360