This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 digital games corrupted

User Info: JesusBear13

JesusBear13
2 months ago#11
It might be a licensing issue since you originally downloaded them on another console. I have heard some games (Usually Xbox Live Arcade games though. I don't know about the on demand games) have issues when downloaded to a second console even if you're using the account that owns them. Maybe license transfer the games that don't work?
Time for the adventures of the Cosmic Ursine Messiah!

User Info: sephiroth15_200

sephiroth15_200
2 months ago#12
^yet another thing I tried, thanks for your input tho. I originally purchased a.c. 1 ac3 and mass effect 1 on my Xbox 1 so after the first few times of download failing I did the license transfer on the 360 I wanted to use, unfortunately I won't be able to do it again for like 4 months. Xbox has a limit for this unfortunately
NES/ SNES/ N64/ GB/ 3DS/ GENESIS/ GG/ DREAMCAST/ PS1/ PS2/ PS3/ PS4/ PSP/ VITA/ XBOX/ 360/ ONE ---

sephiroth15_200
2 months ago#13
My nxt step tmrw after reading multiple other threads from around the net. I believe this is more of a region issue not clearing. Eventho they were purchased in the USA and that's where I am located I think Microsoft has a issue on their end for that... so I'm gonna create a VPN like people do to get around region locking and see if that somehow triggers it to work.

As my above post didn't work with port forwarding and dmz the ip address so vpn is one of the last things I can try
NES/ SNES/ N64/ GB/ 3DS/ GENESIS/ GG/ DREAMCAST/ PS1/ PS2/ PS3/ PS4/ PSP/ VITA/ XBOX/ 360/ ONE ---

User Info: JesusBear13

JesusBear13
2 months ago#14
Sorry I couldn't help more. I hope you can get it fixed.
Time for the adventures of the Cosmic Ursine Messiah!

sephiroth15_200
2 months ago#15
New update

Talk to xbox support again and got hung up again... god that really pisses me off

Called back and talked to a really nice lady even tho she absolutely had no idea what I was talking about she was super helpful and was on the phone for a little over a hr, basically what we ended up doing is refunding my purchase prices and then I will have to repurchase them as I believe it is a issue in the license or region issue when I originally bought them

So just waiting for my refund to process and then rebuy them

Assassins creed 3 will have to wait tho. Since I got it part of games with gold they can't remove that from my account for whatever reason. At this point I wouldn't care if I have to actually buy it to have it work correctly

Will update later when hopefully I have better news, if this doesn't work the VPN route I was gonna go might actually have to happen

User Info: Brettsky128

Brettsky128
2 months ago#16
I'd just buy the discs, I don't think they go for very much these days. Still dumb that it won't just work, though. I remember Skullgirls just stopped working on the 360, and I ended up just not playing it anymore and forgot about it. Then it became backwards compatible on the One and it worked just fine. I always go for physical media when I can, I don't really trust digital.
Xbox: brettsky128 - PS: brettsky128 - Switch: brettsky128 - Steam: brettsky128 - GoG: brettsky128 gfaqs: brettsky128 - Youtube: brettsky128...

sephiroth15_200
2 months ago#17
Brettsky128 posted...
I'd just buy the discs, I don't think they go for very much these days. Still dumb that it won't just work, though. I remember Skullgirls just stopped working on the 360, and I ended up just not playing it anymore and forgot about it. Then it became backwards compatible on the One and it worked just fine. I always go for physical media when I can, I don't really trust digital.

I own the physical disc, I've just become a digital person on the new gen consoles. And a huge a.c. fan

On another note I tired something else looks like more disturbing issue have arised I bought ghost recon digitally on my Xbox one store front and now have the same error at 80% so now my total has jumped up to 4 games with errors. Just for reference I bought another 360 game off the 360 store front and guess what. It downloaded a 100% fine that now that brings more questions then answers

Also was doing some IP address location investigation. Looks like my isp is jumping my address around one time I see it in my actually location. Another time I see it in Colorado but atlease still in the USA. Then I've also seen it jump to Canada which is where I think for some reason it's throwing the region issue into play

Granted the ip geolocation is not always a 100% accurate I just found that odd. So maybe my next step should involve calling my isp and asking wtf

At this point I just want it fixed it's not even about the games I can't play anymore. I just want to know what happened and how to prevent it in the future. It has to be something stupid

sephiroth15_200
2 months ago#18
Not sure what has changed but for odd reason now I can fully downloaded said games to a 100% but as soon as u click play now it takes you to a black screen and a few seconds later takes you to my games section and then pulls up all my digital games not including these said games then u can back out look at the hard drives and there they are corrupted

Damn it lol

User Info: cmbryu

cmbryu
2 months ago#19
i had this happen with starwars kotor when it was first released digutallt last year. was not the only one it took me and several forum guys on xboz forum to finally get it fixed. when i called xbox support they were no help blamed it on my xbox or hard drive. i think they are making these files work for xbox one but not testing that it doesnt break the xbox 360 version
Psn id ryucmb22

User Info: darkhorse723

darkhorse723
2 months ago#20
When one has the og disc game playable on a hooked up og console, just play it there. Unless I'm reading this wrong.
Gamertag: kingofallgaming
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 digital games corrupted
  • Topic Archived