This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what happened from 360 to the disaster of One?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. what happened from 360 to the disaster of One?
(message deleted)

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
1 month ago#22
KakkaKarrotKake posted...
Geist des Durcheinan posted...
If the Xbox One is a disaster, then what was the 3DO? The 32x? The Philips CDi?

I have a ton of games on this stupid box and I've enjoyed my time with it.

Typical internet overreaction.

Dude, the Xbox One reveal WAS a disaster, those other systems being terrible doesn't make the x1 launch any less of a disaster.

It's seen as disastrous because the Xbox 360 was, for the most part, the industry leader and they came out with a reveal that NO ONE liked pretty much gave this gen to Sony.

I'm saying this as someone with over 1,000 xbox 1 games and who sold their ps4.

As another person with over 1000 Xbox games ( 750 with digital on the Xbox 360 alone), the Xbox One reveal was an utter disaster. Instead of buying a Xbox One day one, I instead only bought it in 2016.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
1 month ago#23
To be fair, the 360's initial launch wasn't all that hot. Those who were in a hurry to get it day one found the consoles were full of problems (Infamous red ring, anyone?).
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!

User Info: SumerNivek

SumerNivek
1 month ago#24
Kuro-chan_101 posted...
To be fair, the 360's initial launch wasn't all that hot. Those who were in a hurry to get it day one found the consoles were full of problems (Infamous red ring, anyone?).

Got mine day 1 and it worked fine until I retired it when I got my One. Never got a red ring. I am guessing I am one of the lucky few who didn't experience it.
"One more thing. If anything, they're Wisps in Eredar form." -Posted by Doilyn on 5/9/06.

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
1 month ago#25
Probably. My first 360 was a slim and I got one new, pre-bundled with Fable III and Halo:Reach. Guy at the store was trying to upsell me hdmi cables and stuff, but I was like, "You can stop, now. I don't have an hdmi TV nor do I plan to get one."
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
1 month ago#26
Kuro-chan_101 posted...

At least people were excited for it, unlike the Xbox One.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: Darkshowers

Darkshowers
4 weeks ago#27
Kuro-chan_101 posted...

Even with all it's issues, the 360 had launch games that looked beautiful. I remember being amazed at the graphics of Perfect Dark Zero one of the launch games as well as Kameo: Elements of Power both games by Rare. Even that early on, you could tell that online multiplayer was going to be the main feature of the 360 refined and polished from the original Xbox and that was really exciting.

Even if the 360 launch didn't blow you away, by the time Gears of War came out, the 360 was dominating and crushing the competition whereas the One became more and more stale as time went on thereby letting the PS4 take over and even the Switch.

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
4 weeks ago#28
X360 ruled the last generation.

Not the Wii.

Every big game was being developed for X360 first and then ported to PS3 and in some cases, downgraded ports to the Wii.

But after the Wii fall in 2011 and the WiiU disaster in 2012, PS3 started to take the lead with awesome exclusive games while Microsoft was lost supporting the Kinnect.

Sony was the first to realize motion controllers were doomed and dropped PSMove sooner then Nintendo changed the WiiU focus from casual to hardcore but it was too late (but they build an awesome library to port to Switch) while Microsoft insisted in the Kinect,and thats how XONE lost the generation from the start to PS4.

Remember the PS4 had no good exclusives and XONE had a few of good games in its first years, and still,the PS4 was selling like water in the desert.

Kinect really did hurt XONE start.
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. what happened from 360 to the disaster of One?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived