This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I literally only used this 360 controller for 70 horus max

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
8 months ago#1
And it already has a drift. I'm not playing some intense FPS game or whatever, just usually action/adventure games and rpgs. I'm so f***ing pissed right now.
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: Guide

Guide
8 months ago#2
Brand/model, so we know what to avoid?
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
8 months ago#3
for such an awesome controller, drifting sticks are way too common of an issue with 360 controllers. maybe i've just been lucky, but i've owned an n64, ps1, ps2, gamecube and in all honesty i don't think i've ever encountered that problem with any of those. sticks have certainly worn out or loosened up, but never registered input while i wasn't touching them.

i've heard of even brand new 360 controllers having a drifting stick.. of course, in that case i'd just go back and exchange it if possible. any chance you can still do that? both my currently in-use controllers have drift.. one on the left stick, other on the right. but since not every game has its dead zones set small enough to sense it, it's not an issue in about half the games i play.. and i'll usually completely forget about it until i play something else. my fear is that the 2 brand new back-up controllers i keep hidden away will end up drifting once i finally get to using them.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
8 months ago#4
Is it Afterglow? A few of my PS2 controllers developed sticking/drifting (my first did it right out of the box), but not my 360 "S" OEM controllers.

[ My oldest 360 controller's left thumb-stick is loose (UR quadrant only), but it doesn't drift. ]
'~'

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
8 months ago#5
VeryDarkSoul posted...
And it already has a drift.

My 360 Slim came with a controller with drift right out of the box. Luckily they replaced it.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: Shaggy Popper

Shaggy Popper
8 months ago#6
Dont complain! My controller was drifting right out of the brand new xbox box! :(
Fun for you =/= Fun for me!

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
8 months ago#7
Shaggy Popper posted...
Dont complain! My controller was drifting right out of the brand new xbox box! :(

Yeah, when we got our second Xbox One the controller had drift right out of the box as well. It was irritating.
Now Playing: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (X360); Sea of Thieves (XONE); Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I literally only used this 360 controller for 70 horus max
  • Topic Archived