This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna play Witcher 2 soon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Gonna play Witcher 2 soon

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#1
What should I expect? I haven't played any of the Witcher games and keep hearing how the 3rd one is so great.

Also, I don't have an internet connection at the moment so will it be fine to play it without patches from the 360 disk?
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
1 month ago#2
I think there was a patch but I am not certain, but that was for the two disc version IF there was.
If you have the single disc version you should be fine.

Also Witcher 3 is the best RPG ever and 2 is fantastic as well.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#3
MertensCW posted...
I think there was a patch but I am not certain, but that was for the two disc version IF there was.
If you have the single disc version you should be fine.

Also Witcher 3 is the best RPG ever and 2 is fantastic as well.

Cool. Everyone talks about how great the series is so I'm gonna try it out starting with the 2nd
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: daniel79

daniel79
1 month ago#4
plough the lillies!

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
1 month ago#5
What happens in part 2 is directly tied with the events in part 3, so it is indeed a good idea to play part 2 before part 3. As for gameplay, part 2 is a good game that you will enjoy, but part 3 is a massive improvement.

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#6
Do I have to play it twice to fully understand the story, especially in preparation for 3? I hear it has a split path

User Info: DaGame007

DaGame007
1 month ago#7
It's going to be hard at first because the combat takes some time to get familiar with. Also make sure you learn the differences between the swords. Great game. Still have to get to the 3rd one.

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 month ago#8
Have to admit as a PS3 owner I'm a bit ticked the planned PS3 version never materialized.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#9
revengine posted...
Have to admit as a PS3 owner I'm a bit ticked the planned PS3 version never materialized.

Isn't it because Xbox 360 is closer to PC technology or something?

User Info: revengine

revengine
1 month ago#10
SaturnSnowman posted...
revengine posted...

Isn't it because Xbox 360 is closer to PC technology or something?

From my own understanding of the situation that's basically what it comes down to. I looked into it a little bit and from what I read, at the time CDPR had never published anything on PS3 so were completely unfamiliar with how to code for it, so they decided to outsource porting the Witcher game to another company (someone in France IIRC). Apparently what happened is CDPR were not keeping up their end of the deal and were missing financial milestone payments to the french company, so the french company bailed and PS3 never got The Witcher. So, if the PS3 was more like PC or CDPR had done a previous PS3 game and were more familiar with it (or if they had just honoured their deal), we probably would have seen The Witcher on PS3. Ah well. Cons of only being able to afford one console.
Having a level of standards is going to open you up to criticism of hypocrisy from people with no standards.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Gonna play Witcher 2 soon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived