This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here left still not moved to X1?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone here left still not moved to X1?

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
1 month ago#31
I have a Xbox one but play more 360 games

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
1 month ago#32
FakeSypha posted...
I have a PC/PS4 for what X1 offers, but yeah, I still play on my 360. I'm playing games I already have (like Gears games) and planning to play some others I didn't back then (Halo series for instance).

There is no point now to get a X1 in my case to be honest.

JCuster posted...
Microsoft really ticked me off this current gen, with the always online/screw backwards compatibility thing. so by the time they backpedaled from that foolishness, I'd already moved on to PS4. There isn't much I'm dying to play, despite 4k blah, blah, blah...so I probably won't get one for a few years(I didn't get a Wii until about 2014, to let you know how little a hurry I was in to get it).

Not surprised to see you XB1 hating hypocrites still clinging on to a dead console when currently it's superior to the PS4 in almost every way. Sony still uses the crappy PS3 online network for PS4, only now that it charges you, not to mention it's losing its exclusives to Switch and PC, if the games aren't on XB1. I don't give a damn about its exclusives considering that most are single player only games that you play once and forget, and most PSN users go online for to play multiplatform games like COD and Destiny, LMAO. And I also don't give a crap if some first party games XB1 are also on PC, as if it makes them bad, considering that they use the XBL network regardless. FYI, Sony has no answer for shooters like Gears and Halo, and it also have no answer for open world racers like Forza Horizon.
Hello

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 month ago#33
You have a weird problem with people liking things differently than you do.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
1 month ago#34
Most every game I buy now is on PC, but I still own and play both my xbox 360 and PS3.

I have a pretty huge library for both consoles, so no reason not to play them.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD /Corsair CX650M / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#35
Unless some of the posters here I have a gaming PC, Xbox One X and Xbox 360 combination. I don't really see a need for a PS3 and PS4 since I can access many of their exclusives(except for the latest ones) via PSNow on my gaming PC if I wanted to. The same can't be said for Xbox games on PC.

Since my gaming PC needs a gpu upgrade, I use my One X to play the newest games in 4K HDR resolution so the combination really works for me. I can even play enhanced versions of Witcher 2 and Red Dead Redemption in 4K as well on my One X.

With my Xbox One X, it also saves me the cost of having to buy a separate 4K HDR blu ray player(at least $100) just to watch movies in that resolution on disc, something the Pro doesn't provide.

Other reasons for choosing the One X over the PS4 Pro which don't have these features:

40% more powerful than the PS4 Pro
Back compatibility - especially since I already have an extensive 360 and a smaller OG Xbox library
Enhanced modes - provides the best version for multi-platform games with either increased resolution up to 4K or performance up to 60 fps in many games
Xbox One Controller - natively recognized not only by my console but also by my Windows 10 PC
Dolby Atmos surround sound support
Free Sync (or Variable Refresh Rate) Support - nice feature found on high end gaming PCs that will help reduce stuttering and tearing
Automatic Game Mode - to reduce input lag
Ability to play games in native 4K HDR resolution
Play Anywhere option - quite convenient for me since I am also a PC gamer allowing me to shift from one platform to another depending upon where I am located while playing the same game. It also allows me to play with friends on either platform
Cross Platform play between PC and Xbox in some games
UI that is integrated with the Xbox/Microsoft website on my PC
Smaller form factor
Extensive library of Xbox One games I have accumulated via the GwG subscription I had with my 360
The One X is also better than my PC right now on multi-platforms at least until I can upgrade my gpu

Guide
1 month ago#36
I don't really see a need for a PS3 and PS4 since I can access many of their exclusives(except for the latest ones) via PSNow on my gaming PC if I wanted to. The same can't be said for Xbox games on PC.

Play Anywhere option - quite convenient for me since I am also a PC gamer allowing me to shift from one platform to another depending upon where I am located while playing the same game. It also allows me to play with friends on either platform

I'm confused.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#37
Guide posted...
I don't really see a need for a PS3 and PS4 since I can access many of their exclusives(except for the latest ones) via PSNow on my gaming PC if I wanted to. The same can't be said for Xbox games on PC.

I'm confused.

If you have a gaming PC, you can subscribe to PSNow to play some of their exclusives:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Xbox Play Anywhere is a cross-buy program by Microsoft that allows gamers to play a title on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs with a single digital purchase of a supported game. There are 59 Play Anywhere titles. You can buy this Play Anywhere titles from the Windows store only on PC.

Progress goes with you

Pick up where you left off on another Xbox One or Windows 10 PC, bringing all your saves, game add-ons, and achievements with you

Guide
1 month ago#38
That, I get. What I don't get is that you said

when, as you have explained above, you can indeed play titles from both consoles on pc.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#39
Guide posted...
That, I get. What I don't get is that you said

when, as you have explained above, you can indeed play titles from both consoles on pc.

Unlike PS2 and Nintendo PC emulation technology which has matured a lot, Xbox PC emulation is still very much in its infancy.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Xbox_emulators

As for Xbox 360 games, until Microsoft opens up a service like Sony's PSNow, many 360 exclusives(unless they have been released on PC) cannot be accessed on PC.

FireDrakeZ
1 month ago#40
Microsoft in general are moving to make the Xbox One X as close as possible to a PC adding back compatibility(more than 500 games from previous generations), Free Sync(Variable Refresh Rate), Dolby Atmos, Auto low latency mode(to reduce input lag), ability to play 4K HDR, support for 120Hz refresh rate for 1080p and 1440p output resolutions, and plans to add support for some of the features of the HDMI 2.1 standard with the added feature not commonly found on PCs of having a 4K HDR blu ray player included, all for half or less of the price you are going to have to pay for an equivalent PC. They also have a Play Anywhere library of games that you can play on both Xbox One and PC while bringing your saves with you. And a UI that is fully integrated with the Microsoft/Xbox website on PC. It really helps that Microsoft owns both Xbox and the Windows 10 OS architecture. Even the Xbox controllers are recognized natively by Windows 10.

None of these features btw, are available on the Playstation console.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anyone here left still not moved to X1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived