This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How populated are the big FPS games nowadays?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How populated are the big FPS games nowadays?

User Info: AshleyGreene74

AshleyGreene74
4 months ago#1
So I'm probably going to be buying a 360 tomorrow and was wondering how populated is the multiplayer for the big shooter games like Cod Mw2, Mw3, BF3, BF4, etc? Unless you're playing at some odd times of the day, like very early morning on a weekday, do you still get into matches quickly?

I had a 360 but sold it back around 2013. Also recently had an Xbox One X ( and OG xbox one prior ) but sold it to buy a gaming PC. The population for those games on PC are pretty much dead, except for BF4. I just miss the 360.
Nobody should have any illusion about the possibility of gaining military superiority over Russia. We will never allow this to happen - Vladimir Putin

User Info: Hitomi_Tanaka

Hitomi_Tanaka
4 months ago#2
https://bf4stats.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiI7SMQA59Q
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inindo:_Way_of_the_Ninja

User Info: Darkest_Evil

Darkest_Evil
4 months ago#3
I can still find games in cod ghosts and im playing it bw compat on xb1

User Info: zeldafanjtl

zeldafanjtl
4 months ago#4
There's also this for Battlefield 3. Doesn't show a total player count like the BF4 site the other poster linked to, but you can view a list of all servers for each console and how many players are connected to each. Looks like no more than a few hundred are online on 360 at the moment.

http://bf3stats.com/servers/all

Also, just anecdotally, Halo Reach is still active as of the last time I played a few weeks ago. Keep in mind that the in-game stats are broken, so it incorrectly says 0 players online all the time.
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: SplatterHouse55

SplatterHouse55
4 months ago#5
I still occasionally play PvZ: Garden Warfare online with friends that I met thru the game, and there's still a late night crowd that plays it. It's not a ton of people, but it's enough to get some consistent games going. A lot more people play it before midnight.

What's surprising to me is when I recently took "Shoot Many Robots" (a delisted XBL game) online out of curiosity, and found 3 other people to play the game with. Hehe...ended up getting a couple of online achievements that I didn't suspect I was ever going to get.

I was also years late to the Dead Rising 2 party, and it wasn't too difficult to find co-op partners, however, you'll be lucky to find anyone playing in the competitive online portion of the game. I found a few people once (in an early afternoon) out of about a dozen times that I tried to find someone in there.

I'd imagine that most of the more popular titles still get a decent amount of traffic though.
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space

AshleyGreene74
4 months ago#6
Due to the store not having the particular Xbox I wanted in stock last week, I'll be picking it up this Friday.

Going by the bf4 stats link someone posted here, I'm honestly surprised to see PS3 have quite considerably more players online than 360.
Nobody should have any illusion about the possibility of gaining military superiority over Russia. We will never allow this to happen - Vladimir Putin

User Info: iiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiii
4 months ago#7
AshleyGreene74 posted...
Due to the store not having the particular Xbox I wanted in stock last week, I'll be picking it up this Friday.

Going by the bf4 stats link someone posted here, I'm honestly surprised to see PS3 have quite considerably more players online than 360.

the umbers should speak for themselves. ps3>360

AshleyGreene74
4 months ago#8
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

Eh, I had a PS3 back in 2011 or 2012 for a few months. I remember playing MW2 and finding so many hacked lobbies it wasn't funny. I played MW2 on the 360 on and off for years, accumulating approx. 40 days of playtime, and I found less hacked lobbies than I did on PS3 in a few months.

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 months ago#9
iiiiiiiiiiiii posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...

No
lovecraft223

User Info: Liberator_2033

Liberator_2033
4 months ago#10
Dude, get yourself Battlefield 3. That game is the greatest Battelfield of all time. Lots of people play still, or at least enough to get in a full game. You pick a server and it tells you how many people are in. I'll gladly play with you if that's the game you pick. My Gamertag is PliantApollo1.

Recently, September I think it was, Battlefield 3 was free so a wave of new players came in.

MW3 the only people that seem to play are super good, so unless you're top tier or something you might just get frustrated trying to play that. Plenty of people still play Black Ops 2 I'm pretty sure.

Also, I suck at CoD, so I'm sort of biased about that. Halo, hardly anyone plays and matches take awhile to find, but people still play. Battlefield 3 will most likely be your best bet though.
"Life is a burden. Trust me. I've died enough to know." - The Liberator
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How populated are the big FPS games nowadays?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived