This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just got a Xbox 360 =)

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
1 year ago#1
And I have 15 days off from work. Planning to play only Xbox exclusives. I know 15 days is not enough time to play many games, so can you guys help me decide?

What is the best Forza game playable in a 360 (think about single player only)? What is the best Halo and Gears of War game for someone who never played those before?

Also, I've been thinking about a few RPGs: Fable 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey. What's the best one of those?

Considering Crackdown and Alan Wake too. So can you guys please help me decide to pick only a handful of games to play during my vacations?
Here's how I feel about 90% of topics and posts seem in Gamefaqs:
https://youtu.be/mHWXDaQPau0

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
1 year ago#2
I got myself a 360 for Christmas, have been playing mostly Earth Defense Force 2025, very addictive. Got Forza 2, my next purchase will be Forza Horizon.

I've picked up a half-dozen games so far, Test Drive Unlimited, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Skyrim, Warhammer Space Marines, Dynasty Warriors 8, Deus Ex, Dark Souls 2, but EDF and Forza2 are most addictive so far.

Also playing some of my old Xbox games, Simpsons Hit&Run, Roadkill.
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less
(message deleted)

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 year ago#4
Depends. If you like JRPG(japan) lost odyssey. If you prefer Western RPGs like me Fable 2. I think the Fable series was more popular as it sold more copies and spanned numerous sequels, including an upcoming one Fable 4.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 year ago#5
I'm under the impression that Forza games got progressively better, at least up until the Xbox One, so if possible then go for the latest which is Forza 4 on the 360. I didn't follow the series closely back then though so I could be wrong about that. Forza Horizon is another alternative if you want a more arcade-style experience rather than track racing.

Halo 3 was my favorite on the Xbox 360 and Gears of War 3 too for that series. Might be best to start with the first one if you're the kind of person who cares a lot about the story but you can probably read up on that too.

Lost Odyssey is generally more well liked than Blue Dragon. It's a very traditional JRPG whereas Fable 2 is a very British action-RPG. Another well liked one is Tales of Vesperia.

Alan Wake is very solid if you want a bit of a horror mystery with some action and a few unique mechanics. Never played Crackdown but it seems pretty forgettable.

I'd personally try to squeeze in one Halo, one Gears, Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey. Maybe Fable 2 as well if you have time so you can see what that series is about. Forza for me is "just racing". They're fun but not something I would focus on if I had a busy schedule. Great series, lots of fun but "just racing". Pretty grindy too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpyg1kmAXk

User Info: Buzz_Lightyear

Buzz_Lightyear
1 year ago#6
Fable 2 is a lot of fun, probably my favorite non-Rare Xbox exclusive. It's a lot more whimsical and takes itself a lot less seriously than your typical western action RPG

And speaking of Rare, maybe give Kameo: Elements of Power, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, and Conker: Live & Reloaded a try.

User Info: athomas917

athomas917
1 year ago#7
Fallout 3 and NV.

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
1 year ago#8
Gears 2 and then 3 if you want another
I suppose you could just play Gears 3 but horde mode on Gears 2 was the best

also get Kameo, I see someone else also suggested this unsung classic
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 year ago#9
- Forza 4 is the best looking [non-Horizon, 360] game while Forza III probably has the better game-play.

- Lost Odyssey has the better story; Blue Dragon has the better game-play; Fable II has the best, though not better, of both. Have you considered playing The Witcher 2?

- Crackdown games are 99% open-world action (great controls) with 1% story *; Alan Wake has a great story with decent, but not great, controls **.

* If you like open-world GTA-style games, play Saints Row.
** If you want a suspenseful shooter with great atmosphere and controls, I suggest F.E.A.R. Files.
'~'

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
1 year ago#10
If you never played it I suggest Space Marine

underated classic from last gen imo
Even angels cast shadows
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just got a Xbox 360 =)
  • Topic Archived