This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought my first Xbox! Any games better on 360 than ps3? (non exclusive)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought my first Xbox! Any games better on 360 than ps3? (non exclusive)

User Info: Spewnami

Spewnami
1 month ago#1
I grew up on the nes, snes, gb, and ps1/2. This is my first Microsoft console. I picked up a 2013 E version for a decent price with Crackdown 2 and Fable 2 (w DLC).

Are there any really great games that ran better on the 360 than the ps4 that aren't exclusives? Just curious mostly.

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
1 month ago#2
The 360 generally run most multiplatform games better than PS3, often with higher resolution, since PS3 was hampered by being difficult to code for and worse RAM. This is most apparent in games like Orange Box, Skyrim, and Bayonetta.
Hello

User Info: splendidsorrow

splendidsorrow
1 month ago#3
Red dead redemption, and bayonetta, off the top of my head. They perform better in general on 360, and it's a well established fact on both counts.

User Info: dybyhands

dybyhands
1 month ago#4
Although technically not the same game, ninja gaiden 2 is better than ninja gaiden sigma 2 (ps3 "upgraded" version) in many ways.
And I believe the Mass Effect games were a bit better on 360.
Nothings Shocking

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
1 month ago#5
Fenriswolf posted...
The 360 generally run most multiplatform games better than PS3, often with higher resolution, since PS3 was hampered by being difficult to code for and worse RAM. This is most apparent in games like Orange Box, Skyrim, and Bayonetta.
A different dev did the PS3 port because Valve didn't like the PS3 and instead wanted to make sure the game ran the same on 360 as it did PC. PS3 devs didn't give a s***.

Like others have said, generally everything runs better on 360. You get faster loading/saving, more consistent performance and you don't have to wait an hour for stuff like bulls*** mandatory installs.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
4 weeks ago#6
I remember PlayStation fanboys being bitter that the MGS HD Collection performed a little better on 360.

I think most games running on unreal ran better on 360

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
4 weeks ago#7
mcnichoj posted...
You get faster loading/saving, more consistent performance and you don't have to wait an hour for stuff like bulls*** mandatory installs.

Too bad this is standard now

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
4 weeks ago#8
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect series

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
4 weeks ago#9
vashkey posted...
I remember PlayStation fanboys being bitter that the MGS HD Collection performed a little better on 360.

too bad it was the other way around when it came to the Silent Hill HD collection. though that may have been the result of the 360 simply never getting the patch that, for the most part, fixed the ps3 version.

while 3rd party games most often looked and/or played better on 360, the couple titles regularly mentioned that were actually worse on the Xbox are Resident Evil 6 and Final Fantasy XIII. i played through RE6 and it ran perfectly, so it must be the visuals that were slightly better on ps3.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: Fredrick2003x

Fredrick2003x
4 weeks ago#10
Citan22 posted...
vashkey posted...

too bad it was the other way around when it came to the Silent Hill HD collection. though that may have been the result of the 360 simply never getting the patch that, for the most part, fixed the ps3 version.

while 3rd party games most often looked and/or played better on 360, the couple titles regularly mentioned that were actually worse on the Xbox are Resident Evil 6 and Final Fantasy XIII. i played through RE6 and it ran perfectly, so it must be the visuals that were slightly better on ps3.

No version of the HD Collection is adequate. Yeah the game is less prone to crashes and slowdown on PS3 now, but the game still took a s*** all over the original.
Now Playing - [XONE] Halo The Master Chief Collection (343/Bungie, 2014) - [PC] Silent Hill 2 (Team Silent, 2001) - [PS2] Wipeout Fusion (Psygnosis, 2002)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Just bought my first Xbox! Any games better on 360 than ps3? (non exclusive)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived