This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the risk of the 360 scratching DVDs (on its own)?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What's the risk of the 360 scratching DVDs (on its own)?

User Info: gafemaqs

gafemaqs
6 months ago#1
I don't mean by you moving the console or doing anything that would cause it to scratch. Just by normal use.

I was watching a DVD on PS4 the other day and it scratched the DVD just trying to play it, I wasn't moving it or anything. DVDs don't have the same protective layer that Blu-rays do, but I might just use 360 if I'm ever watching DVDs.

User Info: Tiljack

Tiljack
6 months ago#2
Not sure, but I definitely remember being warned by game store employees that the 360 was notorious for leaving ring-shaped scratches on discs and it wouldn't be covered by the warrantee if that happened. My 360 never did that to any disc but I guess it happens to some people, maybe those who store it on its side.

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
6 months ago#3
It's never happened to me, nor do I remember any of my mate's saying that it did (though my friends got rid of their 360s years ago), but I think maybe some early batches of the console did and it was cured in later versions.
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/

User Info: athomas917

athomas917
6 months ago#4
The PS4 and XBONE uses rollers to pull in the discs. If the roller had debris on it, it could possibly drag it against the disc.

User Info: SnakeSnakeSnake

SnakeSnakeSnake
5 months ago#5
I have mine since 2008 and the only time it scratched a disc was when I moved the console while the game was running.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
5 months ago#6
unless you'e bumping into your console while a disc is spinning i wouldn't worry about it too much.

but yeah any disc player can scratch non-blu ray discs, thank god they created that protective layer.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What's the risk of the 360 scratching DVDs (on its own)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived