This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you still gaming on an original model 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you still gaming on an original model 360?

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
4 months ago#11
3 years post launch one, but yea it was the last n actually new replacement MS sent me.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#12
I still have the last Xbox 360 that I got. It's a Falcon 360. It was the fifth and final console. This was a free brand new replacement from a warranty claim for a red ring of death console. So it's around 10 years old more or less. Her'e a rough timeline:

- January 1 2006 was the first time I bought a 360. It was still hard to find at stores at that time. I got it during a little known Walmart midnight New Years Day shipment. It lasted around 1 year and 7-8 months, then it got Red Ring of Death. This was the original Xenon 360.

- The second console was a replacement from Microsoft. It lasted about 2 weeks, then it also got red ring of death. This took around 3 weeks to arrive.

- The third console was a replacement for the replacement, which took another 3 weeks to arrive. I got rid of this one immediately literraly after opening the shipping box. I was pretty much done with waiting for replacements after waiting 6 weeks. I immediately took it to Gamestop for cash.

- The 4th console was bought at Best Buy. I used the cash from Gamestop to buy a brand new one at Best Buy with their store warranty. At that time they were doing something called a Product Replacement Plan which allowed you to get a brand new replacement at the store if there was a problem with the console. Interestingly, this console lasted exactly the same amount of time as the first console: 1 year and 7-8 months. I'm pretty sure this was a Zephyr 360. By the way, after the Red Ring of Death situation Best Buy stopped selling this Product Replacement Plan, and even today they don't sell that warranty anymore. Gamestop also stopped selling Product Replacement Plans for a while, but they started selling them again.

- The fifth console was a free brand new replacement at Best Buy. This means that I paid for only 2 of these 5 consoles. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a Jasper 360 when I got this replacement. I had to settle for a Falcon 360. This console is still working today. The disc drive has issues such as closing by itself after a few seconds when you eject the tray, and not ejecting if there is no disc inside, but other than that it reads discs perfectly fine. I always leave a disc inside the system due to those issues, and that solves the problem. The console has way too much cooling fan noise, though.

User Info: DarkMisaka

DarkMisaka
4 months ago#13
I still have my White Xbox 360 Arcade October 2009 model with Jasper chipset. It didn't come with a HDD but I later bought a 20GB HDD and then got another 20GB HDD again later on. It still works fine except I have to hit the top of the console for the disc to eject, even if it's empty.
A wise man once said "Pizza will turn you into a video game freak" and he was right

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
4 months ago#14
Got the gears if war slim now. Still got a "working" original fat but it can't read disks.
3ds FC: 3196-3191-7257 and In game name is Ass-Hat
KB BR pokemon for trade http://preview.tinyurl.com/nkdnytd

User Info: spooie

spooie
4 months ago#15
I have a Jasper and Model S hooked up, and still using both.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
3 months ago#16
Hucast9 posted...
I still have the last Xbox 360 that I got. It's a Falcon 360. It was the fifth and final console. This was a free brand new replacement from a warranty claim for a red ring of death console. So it's around 10 years old more or less. Her'e a rough timeline:

- January 1 2006 was the first time I bought a 360. It was still hard to find at stores at that time. I got it during a little known Walmart midnight New Years Day shipment. It lasted around 1 year and 7-8 months, then it got Red Ring of Death. This was the original Xenon 360.

- The second console was a replacement from Microsoft. It lasted about 2 weeks, then it also got red ring of death. This took around 3 weeks to arrive.

- The third console was a replacement for the replacement, which took another 3 weeks to arrive. I got rid of this one immediately literraly after opening the shipping box. I was pretty much done with waiting for replacements after waiting 6 weeks. I immediately took it to Gamestop for cash.

- The 4th console was bought at Best Buy. I used the cash from Gamestop to buy a brand new one at Best Buy with their store warranty. At that time they were doing something called a Product Replacement Plan which allowed you to get a brand new replacement at the store if there was a problem with the console. Interestingly, this console lasted exactly the same amount of time as the first console: 1 year and 7-8 months. I'm pretty sure this was a Zephyr 360. By the way, after the Red Ring of Death situation Best Buy stopped selling this Product Replacement Plan, and even today they don't sell that warranty anymore. Gamestop also stopped selling Product Replacement Plans for a while, but they started selling them again.

- The fifth console was a free brand new replacement at Best Buy. This means that I paid for only 2 of these 5 consoles. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a Jasper 360 when I got this replacement. I had to settle for a Falcon 360. This console is still working today. The disc drive has issues such as closing by itself after a few seconds when you eject the tray, and not ejecting if there is no disc inside, but other than that it reads discs perfectly fine. I always leave a disc inside the system due to those issues, and that solves the problem. The console has way too much cooling fan noise, though.

haha damn, credit for a working falcon, does it have alot of miles/play time on it?

my 08 falcon died after like 9 months...pos.

wonder how many xenons are left? lol!

i have an 09 jasper fat that's been used alot throughout the years, also same disc drive issues, hard to eject without a disc an closes fast.

but yeah the loud thing with the fat 360's was the disc drive when installing/playing a game off disc, not so much the fan.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 months ago#17
youngskillz posted...
Hucast9 posted...

haha damn, credit for a working falcon, does it have alot of miles/play time on it?

my 08 falcon died after like 9 months...pos.

wonder how many xenons are left? lol!

i have an 09 jasper fat that's been used alot throughout the years, also same disc drive issues, hard to eject without a disc an closes fast.

but yeah the loud thing with the fat 360's was the disc drive when installing/playing a game off disc, not so much the fan.

My Falcon 360 has WAYYYYYY more hours of use than an average 360 out in the wild. I'll put it this way: I played Final Fantasy XI on-line with this thing for about half the total time I played that game. The other half was played on PS2. I played Final Fantasy XI from 2005-2015 for around 17.000 hours, so half that was on this Falcon. WHen you count all the other games I played I would easily estimate that I used this Falcon somewhere around 10,000-12,000 hours of use. That's massive, and it's still working perfecty except for the disc drive issues that I mentioned plus the excessive cooling fan noise.

I cleaned the disc drive belt once, because I heard that can help with the eject problem. That's easy to do. You don't even need to open the console. You can take the belt out with tweezers once the tray is open. The tray worked fine for a few days, then it started to have the problems I mentioned. I just keep a disc inside the system to make it eject. By the way, same thing happens with my original Xbox system.

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
3 months ago#18
I have an Xbox 360 E I game on, the last version of the 360 that looks like an Xbox One.
It's also pretty small that's why I like it the best.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
3 months ago#19
Nope. As matter of fact, I'm currently on my fourth 360 system.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: NinjaBlowfish

NinjaBlowfish
3 months ago#20
Yes, kind of. It's an Elite model, but has the detachable HDD. I hooked it up again just a week ago or so, started playing GTA4 again and download Split/Second also, so will play that on it rather than do the BC on XB1.

It's my 3rd XB360, first one got replaced by MS when the disk drive died, that one didn't last long, something internal was dodgy on it but sold it off to someone that used it as a media center. I then bought the Elite which I still have, although I did have to swap the disk drive out twice on it due to failures. :/
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you still gaming on an original model 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived