This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you still gaming on an original model 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you still gaming on an original model 360?

User Info: UT1999

UT1999
3 months ago#1
You know the ones with the detachable hard drive at the top - Results (82 votes)
yes still using an og model 360
43.9% (36 votes)
no, not me
56.1% (46 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topic
"Sometimes they even attack wounded foxes"

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 months ago#2
Yes, although not with the original chipset which was was incredibly prone to giving the RROD. Mine is one of the ugliest limited editions, the Modern Warfare 2 design. No issues with the console itself but the sticks on both my controllers feel kind of loose and one can sometimes get stuck in one direction and the other has an unresponsive RB button.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpyg1kmAXk

User Info: splendidsorrow

splendidsorrow
3 months ago#3
INKU48 posted...
Yes, although not with the original chipset which was was incredibly prone to giving the RROD. Mine is one of the ugliest limited editions, the Modern Warfare 2 design. No issues with the console itself but the sticks on both my controllers feel kind of loose and one can sometimes get stuck in one direction and the other has an unresponsive RB button.

Awesome.I have the same model. I have never played a disk in it without installing. I have a brand new 500 gig that I'll never get to use, because this thing will never die. I was playing Nier today, and she still purrs like a kitten. Controllers have needed regular replacing. They can only take so much punishment.

User Info: Ghostfeet

Ghostfeet
3 months ago#4
Got an old 120gb in black. It needs a solid whack on the side to open the tray but is otherwise in good working order.
I am a cat, who thinks he's a dog, and is trapped within a mans body.

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
3 months ago#5
Nope, but Im playing some old games through XONE retro compatibility

User Info: UT1999

UT1999
3 months ago#6
PoorRetroGamer posted...
Nope, but Im playing some old games through XONE retro compatibility

i don't think that the old 360 forza games are included in the x1 backwards comp.....
"Sometimes they even attack wounded foxes"

User Info: CT_Model

CT_Model
3 months ago#7
If a 360 game I want to play is BC I'll play it on XB1, but if not I use my old black Elite 360.
Gamertag: Patriot Tech
PSN: CT_Model

User Info: Pharrell3

Pharrell3
3 months ago#8
Still rocking my fatty white
BootyPrincess52

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
3 months ago#9
I got one back in 2010.... the old white, fatty Xbox 360 model (an arcade model, meaning it had no hard drive but a small memory card built into the system... I got a 20 GB hard drive later on which I slapped on the top of my console). It's 2018 and it still works perfectly. However, it was one of the FINAL old white, fatty models made right before they released the slimmer Xbox 360 S models (I got my old white, fatty model on clearance for only $100 at Walmart with Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and Viva La Pinata bundled in for free. $100 for a Xbox 360 on clearance was CHEAP as f*** back in 2010 since the new slimmer Xbox 360 S models were A LOT more expensive (about $250). I think my old white, fatty Xbox 360 is known as a Jasper, which I hear is VERY reliable despite being an old white, fatty model.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
3 months ago#10
I got a preowned one in the Black Friday deal from Gamestop for free(with rebate) to use as a backup in case my Xbox 360 S malfunctions. I turned it on and popped Red Dead Redemption in to see if it works which it did after which I placed it in storage. It is very loud, bulkier and heavier compared to my S model and doesn't have a wifi adapter or a hard drive but I can easily add those if I find the need to use this OG model. I kept the controller though that came with the unit to use with my Xbox 360 S for Co-op gaming as well as a extra controller for my PC.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you still gaming on an original model 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived