This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 was the best system because DVDs (and more)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 was the best system because DVDs (and more)

User Info: lucidsun22

lucidsun22
1 month ago#21
My HD-DVD drive didn't last too long though.

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 month ago#22
lucidsun22 posted...

One dashboard update removed some UI controls for the HD-DVD drive. It also seems to cause disc read errors *if* you have a game disc in the console's drive.

[ I've had mine since 2012. No problems... other than the ones mentioned above. ] :/
'~'

lucidsun22
1 month ago#23
andri_g posted...
lucidsun22 posted...

One dashboard update removed some UI controls for the HD-DVD drive. It also seems to cause disc read errors *if* you have a game disc in the console's drive.

[ I've had mine since 2012. No problems... other than the ones mentioned above. ] :/

Oh no. I might have Office Space'd my drive because of that ... :(

andri_g
1 month ago#24
lucidsun22 posted...

Uh-oh... :x MS QA are the ones to thank/blame. Btw, I use a 360 remote, making the HD-DVD UI controls less necessary (still responds to remote's commands).

[ MS seems to have a habit of "sinking their own boat" for things they really don't want to continue supporting. ]
'~'

lucidsun22
1 month ago#25
andri_g posted...
lucidsun22 posted...

Uh-oh... :x MS QA are the ones to thank/blame. Btw, I use a 360 remote, making the HD-DVD UI controls less necessary (still responds to remote's commands).

[ MS seems to have a habit of "sinking their own boat" for things they really don't want to continue supporting. ]

What's worse is around two months before the drive's spectacular death, I bought a bunch of HDDVDs from deepdiscount for practically pennies. Got my money's worth...

User Info: Pharrell3

Pharrell3
1 month ago#26
lucidsun22 posted...
andri_g posted...
lucidsun22 posted...

haha
the Big hommieee

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 month ago#27
Massive improvement from the original Xbox, but two things bothered me about the original Phat 360 (mine is still running fine FYI)

1) The lack of built in wifi

2) Controllers didn't have rechargeable batteries included

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
1 month ago#28
shadestreet posted...
Massive improvement from the original Xbox, but two things bothered me about the original Phat 360 (mine is still running fine FYI)

1) The lack of built in wifi

2) Controllers didn't have rechargeable batteries included

https://i.imgur.com/I8CZK.gif

I'm talking 3rd edition mother licker

it was a work of art
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 month ago#29
Well, praising a console for the 3rd edition seems a bit much.. should we praise the SNES because the 3rd iteration has HDMI out and loaded with 21 of the best games?

andri_g
1 month ago#30
^ No, consoles have removable game media ports, trays, and/or "updates by design" storage; those minis are "games-in" systems. Big difference.

Modding does not count--Nintendo did not design those minis with internal remote or external direct update connection ports.
'~'
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 was the best system because DVDs (and more)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived