This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 Games That Still Impress You in 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 Games That Still Impress You in 2018

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
6 months ago#21
Mirrors Edge. Still looks decent and theres nothing like it gameplay-wise. The Dying Light comparisons are crap.
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

User Info: WalkingWiki

WalkingWiki
6 months ago#22
Halo 4, definitely. That was the first game I played on 360 that instantly wowed me with the graphics. The gameplay itself was great too.

Skyrim, of course, has been remastered now, but it’s 360 version is still amazing. It’s easily in my top 3 all-time games, and the amount of quests and possible builds and EVERYTHING is just great.

And finally, Mass Effect 2. The story was epic. The graphics were great for that time period, and still hold up extremely well. The gameplay was fantastic. It’s easily my favorite game ever.
Currently playing: Call of Duty: World War II, Dead Rising, Gears of War 4, Borderlands
Amazingspiderman1 6 months ago#23
dancer62 posted...
Earth Defense Force 2017 and 2025. Huge destructible environments, lots of collectible weapons, hundreds of enemies onscreen with minimal slowdown. Amazing!
Gamertag: VenomousRage20x / Dallas Maverick 2016 - 2017. Thanks for trying!!! :o(

User Info: Berating

Berating
6 months ago#24
i replayed GoW just before i played GoW 4, and everything about the game still wowed me

from the slick cover system and shooting mechanics, the reactive reload, the gorgeous, fractured beauty aesthetics, and the graphics overall

also surprised me how two of the chapters basically turn into a horror game, i mean it wasn't scary but it had a really nice atmosphere to it

yeah it was really short, but everything about this game screamed "next gen" when i played it at launch, and still holds up like a motherf***er

User Info: KingArthur3D

KingArthur3D
5 months ago#25
dancer62 posted...
Earth Defense Force 2017 and 2025. Huge destructible environments, lots of collectible weapons, hundreds of enemies onscreen with minimal slowdown. Amazing!

Storm 1 the god-king of Earth!

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
5 months ago#26
Some 360 games that still impress me:

Dead Rising: The game I originally bought a 360 for. The sheer amount of zombies that can be on screen at one time is amazing.

Red Faction: Guerrilla: The amount of destruction possible is incredible, and still a hell of a lot of fun. The first time I accidentally dropped a building on myself was epic.

Just Cause: For a $40 game (when it launched), the amount of stuff available to do is amazing.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel: Really fun loot based action RPG. The world/map is where the game really impresses though, it's so huge you'll be playing a very long time before you've seen all of it.

Civilization: Revolutuion: Made specifically for consoles, it's the best Civilization game on consoles, and possibly the best for consoles we'll ever see.

The Sims 3: In much the same way as Civ Revolution above, The Sims 3 is one of, if not the best Sims games available for consoles.

Viva Pinata: Looks and plays wonderfully. People whom think it's too "kiddy" should really have another look, the game play is deeper and more complex than is immediately apparent.

Naughty Bear: Anyone whom is looking for a fun stealth based game (or want to sadistically terrorize teddy bears) should have a look at this one. The game play is geared toward score based play, so if someone finds they enjoy the game, it gets very addictive just trying to beat your previous best score for a map.

The Saboteur: The last (I believe) game from Pandemic Studios (creators of the original Star Wars Battlefront and the first Mercenaries game). The gameplay is solid, and the atmospheric effect of an area starting in black and white when occupied, and transitioning to color when liberated is a really neat effect.

There are certainly much more, but those are some of my favorites. The xbox 360 has been, and continues to be, a solid console with a very robust library.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: shura631

shura631
5 months ago#27
just cause 2 - great landscapes

blazblue extend - beautiful 2d sprites

forza horizon - the views

bioshock infinite - the city is amazing

max payne 3 - the brazilian favelas

bulletstorm - intro level

dmc - news logo boss

dirt series - rally courses

dead island - the tropical paradise/hell

transformers fall of cybertron - all mecanical look awsome

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
5 months ago#28
magx posted...
Crysis 2 and 3.

Just to expand on this a bit...

I was surprised by Crysis 2: clean, crisp, vivid visuals and animations, and very responsive controls (better visuals usually mean poorer controls).
I was even more surprised by Crysis 3--even better looking than C2 while just as responsive as C2.

JoboHotep posted...
The Saboteur: The last (I believe) game from Pandemic Studios (creators of the original Star Wars Battlefront and the first Mercenaries game). The gameplay is solid, and the atmospheric effect of an area starting in black and white when occupied, and transitioning to color when liberated is a really neat effect.

Yes, EA shut down [Pandemic Studios] as soon as the release build for The Saboteur was finished. A skeleton crew was moved into Danger Close Games office. Other Pandemic properties in development, such as Mercenaries 3: No Limits and Mercs Inc., also were cancelled prior to EA's shutdown of DCG.

http://www.ign.com/blogs/andri_g/2016/04/26/and-then-there-were-none-cancelled-games-3-mercenaries-inc-3/
'~'

User Info: Guide

Guide
5 months ago#29
Gears 3 has such polished multiplayer than I don't even care how ridiculous the premise of Gears is.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: Cha0s_XZ

Cha0s_XZ
5 months ago#30
i haven't played my 360 too often after getting my PS4, but a few games i come back to are

Mirrors Edge - my favorite game of all time, had problems with my PC copy so i have to use my 360

Skate 3 - just a lot of fun to mess around with

Splinter Cell Conviction - s***ty SC game, fun little action game to play from time to time

if i had XBLG, i'd play my CoD games online again but i'm not paying for multiplayer on last-gen.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 Games That Still Impress You in 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived