This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 Games That Still Impress You in 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 Games That Still Impress You in 2018

User Info: shin_mcgoo

shin_mcgoo
4 months ago#1
Could be for the game's graphics, audio, story-telling, or gameplay. Don't have to exclusive games either.

Dead or Alive 4: still holds up as one of the best looking and performing games on the system. Art direction helps greatly. And it was released in late December 2005, essentially a launch title! Hopefully this game will become BC on the XBO.

Dead Space: The sound design in this game is Godlike. It's one of the few games where I turned off the music completely and just enjoyed the sound effects and ambient audio in the environment. Then there's the necromorphs to hear!

Lost Odyssey: THE Jrpg on the 360 imho, spanning FOUR discs! Has several hours of voice acting for 5-6 languages and the stories the game tells at times will have coldest of hearts, ache.
"That was quite a mouthful! I guess you're used to that kind of thing."

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
4 months ago#2
Earth Defense Force 2017 and 2025. Huge destructible environments, lots of collectible weapons, hundreds of enemies onscreen with minimal slowdown. Amazing!
If ballet was easy, it would be pointe-less

User Info: Winnsock

Winnsock
4 months ago#3
They were pretty linear, but Tomb Raider and Remember Me both look incredible.
GT: Winnsock
(message deleted)

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#5
Indeed, Dead Space is the most immersive game in terms of surround sound that I have played especially with the DSS2 surround sound processor added to my headphones. I sometimes wonder how come other games don't follow their example. Just like in the movies, the atmosphere is much more tense and immersive if the sound design is done right.

Skyrim was my favorite Xbox 360 game when it first came out and was truly amazed how graphically amazing it looked. I still play it with additional mods in its enhanced Special Edition version today on PC, but the Xbox 360 version is still a joy to play even by today's standards.

Just started playing Red Dead Redemption and was pretty impressed by its unique Western setting and realism.

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag is more than just the typical Assassins Creed game. It is also a visually spectacular pirate sim with amazingly realistic backgrounds and special effects. The mixture of both very different genres makes it a really fun experience beyond what you normally see in the AC series.

User Info: shin_mcgoo

shin_mcgoo
4 months ago#6
FireDrakeZ posted...
Indeed, Dead Space is the most immersive game in terms of surround sound that I have played especially with the DSS2 surround sound processor. I sometimes wonder how other games don't follow their example. Just like in the movies, the atmosphere is much more tense and immersive if the sound design is done right.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that everyone needs to play the game with a proper surround sound setup.
"That was quite a mouthful! I guess you're used to that kind of thing."

User Info: gun_grave_

gun_grave_
4 months ago#7
Resonance of Fate
GT: Joe Musashi82 / Pawn: Richard (Fighter)

User Info: gbpackers

gbpackers
4 months ago#8
Rage
Arizona Cardinals cheated in the OT game. The coin flipping controversy as well. We've been cheated by the NFL. - 2016

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
4 months ago#9
Mostly all of them.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 months ago#10
I played it in late 2016 or early 2017 but Gears of War 3 almost looks like an Xbox One game in some regards. There are some rough edges and a bit of blurriness and less details in the background but overall it looks really good during the campaign.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUtBcOpSB0
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 Games That Still Impress You in 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived