This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you copy (not transfer) everything from one drive to another in one shot?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Can you copy (not transfer) everything from one drive to another in one shot?

User Info: spooie

spooie
8 months ago#1
So I got my first flu shot in like 15 years and, naturally, I'm home from work sick. I had already put in for Friday off like two months ago, so my supervisor told me to just stay out the rest of the week if I wanted. Which would be great, except for the whole "feeling like death" thing.

But this gives me a great opportunity to back up my Xbox 360 as my original Jasper model has like 0.7GB left on it and my Model S has like 6GB on it.

Tried using an old hard drive, but it wouldn't let me format it. I think because, although it is a 2TB drive, there is something like 8GB in a hidden partition and it is too large or doesn't breakdown right for the 360 to properly read it. Works on the Xbox One fine, though.

Then I tried using another old drive that I hadn't touched in maybe 2 years. Copied over around 60GB and then got the dreaded "clicking noise of doom," which reminded me why I hadn't used the drive for so long. It's probably 20 minutes away from dying.

So I ordered a 2TB Western Digital from Best Buy and, coincidentally, it showed up two nights ago. So, why not back it up now? Then I realize... sweet crap, there have been over 110 Games with Gold titles released already.

And it gets me thinking, I should really back this up on two hard drives, in case one breaks down at some point. But is there any way to copy (not transfer) everything in one shot, or do they need to be moved individually? Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.
(message deleted)

spooie
8 months ago#3
NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo..........!

That's what I thought, but figured maybe there was a workaround. I guess I'll need to do each one individually.

Thanks.
Owner of NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, XB1, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a lot of crappy games.

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
8 months ago#4
pretty sure you can. I think you have to press Y when you're on the drive you want to transfer from on the drive selection page.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

spooie
8 months ago#5
Yeah, thanks, but the thing is that I don't want to transfer the content. I simply want to copy the content.

I'm around half way through it now, doing each individually. I've come across maybe 4 or 5 games I can't copy, though, so I've had to redownload them. And I can't copy any of the title updates either.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Can you copy (not transfer) everything from one drive to another in one shot?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived