This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#41
JoboHotep posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
Battlefied Bad Company

The first Battlefield Bad Company was a hoot, and honestly surprised the hell out of me how much I enjoyed the story and atmosphere.

I don't think I've ever had another shooter make me (literally, for real) laugh out loud as much as that one did.

I sincerely hope you dig it man, it's one of my favorite shooters of all time.

Yeah. I read it has the best single player experience of all the Battlefield series and it is a console exclusive to boot. That is why I ordered it. Too bad the entire PC gaming community missed this gem of a shooter game.

I also already have Battlefield Bad Company 2 which came with the free games with gold sub a few years ago, and I remember enjoying playing the beginning of that too. I didn't finish it though because I wanted to do the first first and because of my huge backlog.

I actually bought a lot more games in the previous 4 for $10 sale at Gamestop a few months ago, so this was the last few ones I was interested in that I was missing. I also concentrate mostly on exclusives that you can't get on the PC.

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
4 months ago#42
FireDrakeZ posted...
Yeah. I read it has the best single player experience of all the Battlefield series and it is a console exclusive to boot. Too bad the entire PC gaming community missed this gem of a shooter game.

I'm glad you mentioned that, I had no idea it's a console exclusive. Back around 2009ish, I had not played any of the Battlefield series since Battlefield 2, so when I saw it for $20 I grabbed it.

Worth every penny. I totally would have bought it at full price had I known how much I was going to like it.

Have you played Battlefield Bad Company 2? It's a very solid game as well. The story didn't grab me as hard as Bad Company 1, but it was still very enjoyable.

The thing that made Bad Company 2 so interesting to me was the amout of destructibility it had in the maps.

Like seriously, using explosives to make my own door never got old, or the sheer terror of being trapped in an attic while a tank systematically removes the entire attic around you.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#43
JoboHotep posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
Yeah. I read it has the best single player experience of all the Battlefield series and it is a console exclusive to boot. Too bad the entire PC gaming community missed this gem of a shooter game.

I'm glad you mentioned that, I had no idea it's a console exclusive. Back around 2009ish, I had not played any of the Battlefield series since Battlefield 2, so when I saw it for $20 I grabbed it.

Worth every penny. I totally would have bought it at full price had I known how much I was going to like it.

Have you played Battlefield Bad Company 2? It's a very solid game as well. The story didn't grab me as hard as Bad Company 1, but it was still very enjoyable.

The thing that made Bad Company 2 so interesting to me was the amout of destructibility it had in the maps.

Like seriously, using explosives to make my own door never got old, or the sheer terror of being trapped in an attic while a tank systematically removes the entire attic around you.

I got Battefield Bad Company 2 free with the Gold sub from a few years ago, but I postponed playing most of it because I was waiting for Bad Company 1 to be free as well and start with that. lol.

It never happened unfortunately. Of course it will probably be free on next months Gold sub now that I have it on disc. (-:

User Info: BarneyBosco

BarneyBosco
4 months ago#44
FireDrakeZ posted...
Last day for 4 for $10 deals(for games that are less than $5) today from Gamestop. I got free shipping with 8 games ordered.

Here are the games I got:

Battlefied Bad Company
Shadows of the Damned
The Darkness
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Lost Planet 2
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
Singularity
Way of the Samurai 3

First 4 are console exclusives.

I don't think any of those are console exclusive. Maybe they were at some time though.
http://celebmafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Ana-Ivanovic-5.jpg
PSN J_Frost77 search my PSN to join the Divinity Original Sin Community

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#45
BarneyBosco posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...
Last day for 4 for $10 deals(for games that are less than $5) today from Gamestop. I got free shipping with 8 games ordered.

Battlefied Bad Company
Shadows of the Damned
The Darkness
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Lost Planet 2
Singularity
Way of the Samurai 3

I don't think any of those are console exclusive. Maybe they were at some time though.

You could possibly play them on an emulator or via torrent, if you want but legally they are not available for sale on steam or other PC outlets. In fact, there are threads on the discussion forums of existing steam games like Darkness 2 and Condemned 1 asking the respective developers to port those games to PC just like Fable 2 for years to no avail. I actually tried looking for them on steam and other PC sites before buying the console version.

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#46
FireDrakeZ posted...

Battlefied Bad Company
Shadows of the Damned
The Darkness
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Lost Planet 2
Singularity
Way of the Samurai 3

Finally received my games today 5 days after I ordered it with free shipping.

4 came with cases and manuals, while the other 4 only came with a disc without any manuals in a generic gamestop case. I will try to inquire in the nearby gamestop store to see if I can get a case with manuals in it.

FireDrakeZ
4 months ago#47
BarneyBosco posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...

Battlefied Bad Company
Shadows of the Damned
The Darkness
Condemned 2 Bloodshot
Lost Planet 2
Singularity
Way of the Samurai 3

They occasionally do port it to PC after initially being released on consoles, but not for the first 4 games I have listed above.

For example, they just announced a day or two ago that the Devil May Cry(1-3) HD collection which I have on the 360, is finally going to be ported to PC 6 years after it first came out on consoles, probably for final release in 2018. The guys in the DMC 3 steam forum are pretty happy about it, since DMC 3 Special Edition on PC was full of bugs and glitches and they wanted a better version along with copies of DMC 1 and 2 which you couldn't play on PC legitimately unless of course you use emulators and those do not normally work as well on modern OS with today's higher resolutions with a keyboard/mouse functionality that a lot of PC gamers prefer.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Got the 360 from Gamestop for 'free' - here are the games I got.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived