This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 > Xbox > Xbox 1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 > Xbox > Xbox 1

User Info: magx

magx
6 months ago#21
BlueJester007 posted...
I would buy an Xbox One if they would actually do backwards compatibility correctly instead of their current method of only getting a select number.

For backwards compatibility, it’s either all or nothing - no half-assing.

Your understanding of this is very flawed and consequently your post reeks of entitlement.
http://magx01.blogspot.com/
<3 Ninja Gaiden Black! I want Dynamite Cop XBLA!

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
6 months ago#22
magx posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
I would buy an Xbox One if they would actually do backwards compatibility correctly instead of their current method of only getting a select number.

Your understanding of this is very flawed and consequently your post reeks of entitlement.

Understanding that if we don't have full BC then we still need to have our X360 around and thus making BC kind of pointless? I prefer playing X360 games on my X1 but as I need to keep my X360 connected anyway because like 20% of my games are BC, the feature is not a big deal to me. I don't think that reasoning is entitlement.

Seems the OG Xbox emulation is a step up at least and will bring significant visual enhancements to the limited selection of games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oTU0srt2I

User Info: DJ_Gunner

DJ_Gunner
6 months ago#23
I have never owned a console that frustrated and disappointed me more than the Xbox 1. HUGE OG and 360 fan here also. Every now and again I decide to buy an exclusive (the latest being Forza 7) and the number of problems and crashes I experienced in the first few days of release was an immediate reminder of why I don't use it much anymore. Nothing ever seems to work reliably.
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5

User Info: SuperSuikoden

SuperSuikoden
6 months ago#24
pblimp360 posted...
Xbox360 > XB1 > Xbox
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.

User Info: TheArcade

TheArcade
5 months ago#25
Pretty much yeah TC.
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
5 months ago#26
I would tend to agree to TC, except for the fact of backward compatibility and a more robust online experience.

I'm not sure I'll ever have a reason to hook up my OG Xbox, in fact.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
5 months ago#27
BlueJester007 posted...

As i've learned recently this is not the case for Xbox games. Apparently every game's emulator is different and why they are enabled to get patches on a per game basis, as is the case currently with KotOR.

Not sure if the same applies to the 360 games but i wouldn't rule it out and the games do seem to run and look as good or better.

All in all, i'd say the X1 is really becoming worth it at last. Though the pace of BC or the # of game available may never be vast or cover all the old games. I can easily say the current X1 BC is vastly superior to the 360 one. Although having to DL the whole game isn't that great for anyone with slow internet or a limited plan.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Dtoohey

Dtoohey
5 months ago#28
Make the Jump over to the PS4. I did. Great console.
BabaBooey to ya all!

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
5 months ago#29
PS4 is a joke console, with the same inferior network architecture, only that you have to pay for LMAO. But of course, braindead Sony fanboys now pretend that paying for online is great, and graphics are everything. And most of its so called exclusives are old PC games.
Hello

User Info: Fenriswolf

Fenriswolf
5 months ago#30
JCuster posted...
Yep, Microsoft really threw away all the goodwill they built up during the 360 years with me. Haven't seen a company try that hard to fail since Konami. Xbox360>Xbox>Xbox1 is accurate, since they seem to care more about PC gaming this gen. Only gripe I got for the 360 is the lack of backwards compatible Otogi/Otogi 2(I guess FROM Software is too busy with Dark Souls games for an HD remaster of those two).

Oh get over yourself. XB1 had a great launch with Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Titanfall etc. MS is not the problem - bandwagon jumping fanboys like you are the problem. And old Xbox games like Halo and Fable are also on PC, yet you seem to have no problem with that, or the fact that $ony is blowing their load on VR gimmicks.
Hello
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox 360 > Xbox > Xbox 1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived