This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Microsoft finally kills the pointless Points system

User Info: Rob_the_Ninja

Rob_the_Ninja
6 years ago#1
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/15/4332830/microsoft-points-moving-to-gift-card-system

Huzzah!
http://i.minus.com/ipfP7YkLYu8fg.gif

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
6 years ago#2
No more free money? T_T why
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
6 years ago#3
I'm hoping this will result in a price drop for MS points before the switch happens. It would be bad for people who sell codes on Ebay, they would either have to keep the price the same hoping people will buy them until the switch or just flog their inventory at a low price.

If they do decide to drop their prices, it would be good for me. I would buy a few codes before the switch and spend it lol.

I just wonder what's going to happen to MSP that's already on the account. Does it get switched to a currency. What about the Rewards System? 20 MSP for bdays and surveys doesn't sound a lot, but if they switch it to $0.25, it would look even more pathetic.
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1

User Info: CapnStanky

CapnStanky
6 years ago#4
Yes, it was so awful buying 20 dollar point cards for 10 bucks. That was so terrible. People aren't very bright.
2013: Next Gen finally arrives. Don't let us down like Nintendo did.

User Info: corex3d

corex3d
6 years ago#5
i never had a problem with the point system not sure what the big deal was with it i rather have 40 ms pts left over than the $0.04 i have on psn maybe after i buy 96 more things i can find something for a $1

User Info: Evil Squall

Evil Squall
6 years ago#6
Well damn. I liked the points vastly more than a dollar monetary system =[
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50 - Gaige Lvl 61
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything

User Info: DarkBiohazard

DarkBiohazard
6 years ago#7
I don't see why it had to change. I enjoyed being able to get the msp for cheaper/buy it with amazon gift cards. I am just going to blame the people who hate having left over points. Jokes on them though, thy will have the same problem, just converted to cash.

Sent via phone.
Marriage means commitment, so does insanity.

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
6 years ago#8
Won't believe it til it happens. I've already seen rumors before a year ago and we still have points around.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
6 years ago#9
Anyone who complained about the point system on the ground that "Maths is hard" needs to be tracked down and eliminated, because clearly we don't need these people.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
6 years ago#10
CapnStanky posted...
Yes, it was so awful buying 20 dollar point cards for 10 bucks. That was so terrible. People aren't very bright.

Yeah, free money sucks. Huzzah?
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Microsoft finally kills the pointless Points system
  • Topic Archived