This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Failed to authorize disc

User Info: aheroafake

aheroafake
5 years ago#1
Loaded up BioShock: Infinite and then my Xbox displayed the message: "Failed to authorize disc. Check xbox.com (or something along those lines)" and then my Xbox shut down. Any idea why this happened? The disc isn't pirated or anything.
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |

User Info: Jukain

Jukain
5 years ago#2
Check the center ring of the disc to ensure that it's not dirty or scratched or otherwise missing the seal of authenticity. Or just the disc in general.
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900

aheroafake
5 years ago#3
Jukain posted...
Check the center ring of the disc to ensure that it's not dirty or scratched or otherwise missing the seal of authenticity. Or just the disc in general.

Disc is perfect, not scratched at all.

Any other suggestions?
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
5 years ago#4
this happens with older cosoles trying to load newer discs (since the newer security layers) when the disc drive is dying.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.

aheroafake
5 years ago#5
Killah Priest posted...
this happens with older cosoles trying to load newer discs (since the newer security layers) when the disc drive is dying.

Well I do have the 250 GB Slim Xbox if that makes a difference. I've only had it for like 3 years. I'll be pissed if it's already dying.

User Info: JTC87

JTC87
5 years ago#6
Is your Xbox connected to the internet?

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
5 years ago#7
haven't heard the problem as much with the slims, but I'm sure its also possible if the drive is failing.

I'd try clearing the cache and installing the game, if its already installed delete the install clear cache and reinstall.

maybe pull out and re-insert the HDD.

if all else fails and the disc is pristine you can try exchanging it for a new one and see if the issue happens on a new disc.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.

aheroafake
5 years ago#8
JTC87 posted...
Is your Xbox connected to the internet?

Yes sir. It might just be the disc drive failing (dammit!!!) because I have gotten some disc reading error messages but it was on a scratched game. If the drive is dying though, that's some bs. I take care of it perfectly.

aheroafake
5 years ago#9
Bump.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
5 years ago#10
aheroafake posted...
Killah Priest posted...

Well I do have the 250 GB Slim Xbox if that makes a difference. I've only had it for like 3 years. I'll be pissed if it's already dying.

I would be, too.

I've only had my Slim for a few months, but it seems to be holding up, and I've yet to meet a person with one whose actually died on them not due to their own carelessness.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Failed to authorize disc
  • Topic Archived