This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Dirty Disc Read Error? How without a disc!

User Info: RaveRocker

RaveRocker
6 years ago#1
To prepare for the new Bioshock I wanted to replay the original so I bought it games on demand but when I played it, it would not go all the way down the bathysphere before it gives me the dirty disc error,

I contacted xbox support while they gave me the run around including 4 different people few excuses like Im sorry sir my cpu is going through a sudden upgrade let me get you a different person.

Ive tried

Redownloading, refreshing my profile, delete the cache multiple times and made sure nothing on my box was corrupted , incomplete or etc .

Nothing worked.
Anyone else had this issue? Probably the last time I buy games on demand.
Currently Playing - [ Mark of the Ninja(360)- SKYRIM(360) ]

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
6 years ago#2
Clean your hard drive.
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........

RaveRocker
6 years ago#3
GGearX posted...
Clean your hard drive.

physically or wipe the data on there?

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
6 years ago#4
Some GoD titles have problems like this. Usually you'd have to re download it, but since you did and it didn't work . I have no idea. Do you have a disk in the disk drive? Try removing it and try playing Bioshock.
MGS peace walker had some sort of problem like this. Then they removed the game, and put it back on the marketplace.
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
6 years ago#5
It could be an HDD issue, are you experiencing any other problems that might be related to your HDD?
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
6 years ago#6
delete it and redownload it
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428

User Info: Link43130

Link43130
6 years ago#7
Dirty Disc Error is a generic catch-all error message for when a game crashes. No idea on how to help with your specific instance though, maybe try contacting 2K Support?
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130

User Info: Renamon

Renamon
6 years ago#8
Hard drives are discs too. What did you think HDD stood for, Happy Days for Dave?

If it's giving read errors you've probably got bad sectors on your hard drive. You could delete the game, download a bunch of demos of equivalent file size, then download the game again, and it may place the game in a different area of the hard drive, allowing you to play it. Of course, this is only really a workaround, not a fix, and it may even move the disc read error to a different portion of the game. If it is in fact bad sectors, anything that gets placed on the bad sectors will also go become unreadable, including game saves, DLC, everything.
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games

RaveRocker
6 years ago#9
I got the game to work.

While thinking about it I asked the xbox support is it possible for a game download to say its finished even give you access to begin the download but, the download not actually be finished. The support said it was possible that she has heard of it before.

So I deleted the file unhooked anything else in my house connected to the internet cpu, roku box whatever just had it going on the box and redownloaded it thinking that maybe with nothing else running nothing will interfere with it and I was right. It plays just fine now.

It might not have been the correct answer to the problem but it solved it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Dirty Disc Read Error? How without a disc!
  • Topic Archived