This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 frequent fails to read game disc or gives unrecognised disc error RROD near?

User Info: LightningCamaro

LightningCamaro
6 years ago#1
80/80

So my Xbox 360 is now failing to read many game discs and when it does read one it comes as unrecognised.

Does this mean it will die on me soon?

FYI it's 120GB elite, which I have had for four years.
Claiming to be part of a master race makes you an idiot, nothing else.
People who agree: 10

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
6 years ago#2
Mine did that. A video game repair shop in town diagnosed it as a disc drive failure, the laser was wearing out. He offered to fix it for about $120, but I decided to just sell it for $40 and get a Slim.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.

User Info: lokinineteen

lokinineteen
6 years ago#3
Mine did that last year around June. Opened it up & cleaned the laser in the dvd drive with a cotton bud, still working perfectly :)

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
6 years ago#4
Disc drive failure has nothing to do with RRoD.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
6 years ago#5
Super Creatures posted...
Disc drive failure has nothing to do with RRoD.

Correct, it happened on my mates console. It wouldn't read disc and all he had to do was get the drive replaced, the lasers probably gone. You can play games stored on hard drive with no trouble though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 frequent fails to read game disc or gives unrecognised disc error RROD near?
  • Topic Archived