This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. An error occurred cancelling automatic renewal.

User Info: slowxxxburn

slowxxxburn
6 years ago#1
After getting that message and clicking through 3 pages of microsoft trying to persuade me not to do it I have the strangest feeling they dont want me to cancel.

Why they gotta be difficult.
Have a good day.

User Info: Hedorian

Hedorian
6 years ago#2
Basically they tell you its convenient for the customer to have your account automatically renew. Disregard the fact that they use to make us call them. Remember the numerous posters that justified this shady business practice? I'm sure it's convenient for them when someone has no idea that their account is getting renewed for another year and gets them another 60 dollars in their fat pockets.
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Infamous 2 (PS3), and Ocarina of Time (Wii)

User Info: shino_of_leaf

shino_of_leaf
6 years ago#3
Because they'll just renew it anyways. Check your account constantly, I kept getting charged even though I canceled the auto-renew. Called them, said they have taken my off the auto-renewal. I then get charged again, threaten to sue and they stop. Don't even get reimbursements for them wrongfully charging me. Shady as ****.
APnation posted...
I don't see the point in getting MW3 when BF3 will be far more superior.

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
6 years ago#4
If you are using any browser besides IE try IE. Chrome and Safari especially seem to hate xbox.com a lot.

If that doesn't do it, then go to the contact us page, sign in and request a chat. Chat can turn off the renewal as well and that's loads easier than calling.

And Hedorian, it's a common business practice. In fact the vast majority of subscription services will set you up with renewing service until you cancel, unless it is prepaid. For example, all of your utilities, your cell phone, your ISP, services like Netflix, etc. I find most services make it even harder to cancel by requiring a cal and being only open 9-5 Monday-Friday. And many services that provide a prepaid option don't provide it at the same price as the renewing one. At least prepaid codes for Live cost the same and have sales as well.

Not saying it's not a shady practice, am just saying that Microsoft isn't doing anything that nearly every other company out there that provides a subscription based service isn't doing. I've definitely seen loads shadier services.

slowxxxburn
6 years ago#5
I'm currently 134th in line for a rep to chat with me.

I'm going to remove my credit card as a payment option after I cancel. Hopefully that will prevent any additional "accidental" charges.
Have a good day.

User Info: ArthasReborn

ArthasReborn
6 years ago#6
Basically they tell you its convenient for the customer to have your account automatically renew. Disregard the fact that they use to make us call them. Remember the numerous posters that justified this shady business practice? I'm sure it's convenient for them when someone has no idea that their account is getting renewed for another year and gets them another 60 dollars in their fat pockets.

Oh man, I remember when I had to start suggesting people switch their region to Illinois because that state made Microsoft give an option for cancelling auto-renewal online.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg

User Info: TheBlueStig

TheBlueStig
6 years ago#7
slowxxxburn posted...

I'm going to remove my credit card as a payment option after I cancel. Hopefully that will prevent any additional "accidental" charges.

You won't be able to remove the CC number as long as the account is active. You can only change it.

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
6 years ago#8
TheBlueStig posted...
slowxxxburn posted...

You won't be able to remove the CC number as long as the account is active. You can only change it.

As long as the subscription is active you mean. If there is only a prepaid subscription or no subscription at all cards can be removed just fine. I know I only add one to buy points and remove it right after the purchase goes through.

If you want to prevent renewal, before you close chat, make sure xbox.com shows your renewal status is off and ask if there is any pending charges still since it may not have charged for the current month if on a month to month subscription. Those pending charges are often what people think are "accidental" charges.

slowxxxburn
6 years ago#9
Only 12 more to go, lol.
Have a good day.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. An error occurred cancelling automatic renewal.
  • Topic Archived