This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Green tint?

User Info: MJB91

MJB91
6 years ago#1
I turned my Xbox on and the entire display had a green tint to it. I unplugged everything and plugged it in again to no avail, but then I took out the connector on the back of my tv that the component cables are plugged into and it fixed it. I'm just worried there's something wrong internally with the Xbox. Anyone else ever experience this to give me some helping words?

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
6 years ago#2
Have you taken a look at your TV's display settings? I have a monitor that spontaneously changes aspect ratios occasionally.
"Game of the Year is Algonquin for 'the good land.'"-- CaPwnd

User Info: kiwikush

kiwikush
6 years ago#3
Sounds like the RGB colors were displaying the incorrect value by a fix margin (either too much G, or not enough R and B). Probably caused by a lose wire or scalar, since unpluggin/replugging fixed or reset those values.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCD_television#Addressing_sub-pixels

User Info: jounint

jounint
6 years ago#4
I'm curious, is this an older xbox model? (White) Or one of the newer black slim models? Back when I owned a white xbox 360, I didn't have the red ring of death, instead, it looked like my 360's GPU was dying on me. I remember a green tint on the screen while my friend and I were playing some Halo game. It didn't go away, and I thought, oh well let's continue. Then the xbox died and gave me an error. There was a few DIY fixes online, which only temporarily fixed the problem. The fixes included having to use a heat gun to reball the joints on the GPU to the motherboard. Needless to say, I had to replace it eventually.
3DS Friend Code: 279308000766
3DS Name: Tony

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
6 years ago#5
jounint posted...
I'm curious, is this an older xbox model? (White) Or one of the newer black slim models? Back when I owned a white xbox 360, I didn't have the red ring of death, instead, it looked like my 360's GPU was dying on me. I remember a green tint on the screen while my friend and I were playing some Halo game. It didn't go away, and I thought, oh well let's continue. Then the xbox died and gave me an error. There was a few DIY fixes online, which only temporarily fixed the problem. The fixes included having to use a heat gun to reball the joints on the GPU to the motherboard. Needless to say, I had to replace it eventually.

same thing happened to me

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
6 years ago#6
It's entirely possible what you describe is a loose cable out of the 3 component video cables. Regardless, to isolate the problem you should:

- try TV with another input, to rule out TV being the problem.
- try connecting 360 with same cables to different input on TV, to rule out the TV input as the problem.
- try connecting 360 with different cables, even the standard composite SD crap it ships with if needed, to the same TV, to rule out the 360 being the problem.

Something like that anyway.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: HulkxxSMASH

HulkxxSMASH
6 years ago#7
What kind of TV do you have?

Reason I ask that (and not sure if it makes a difference either way) is because my co-op buddy uses a 37 inch SDTV and this happens all the time to them. It's usually the lack of red that gives it the tint.

As you said, the fix is simply to unplug and plug back in. It's been happening since day one and the 360 shows no signs of imploding so my guess is you'll be a-ight.
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
6 years ago#8
Did you have the wrong colour component cable in the wrong socket?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdE_VnA4_3I&feature=related
http://i.imgur.com/ueSFG.gif

User Info: BobaFatt

BobaFatt
6 years ago#9
The Matrix has you.
"Meaning" is the sum of the lies we tell ourselves to make our lives seem worth it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Green tint?
  • Topic Archived