This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are u a supporter of DLC? or not?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. are u a supporter of DLC? or not?

User Info: LimblessQuasar

LimblessQuasar
6 years ago#21
656stooge posted...
Perfect Light posted...
I don't like DLC that feels like it should have been part of the main game. Mass Effect 2, one of my favorite games of all time, was guilty of this. Rockstar's Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony, however, are DLC done right.

This. I hate 90% of DLC, but because of the way it's handled. Not because I hate the idea of DLC in general.

It used to be that exceptional PC games would get expansion packs months or years after release, and most of the time consoles would miss out on that.
DLC was to be the perfect solution, but then ass hat companies like EA saw it as an excuse to screw the consumer for a buck.

So yeah, DLC sucks this gen. But every now and then a company will do it right (GTA, RDR, Fallout).

That.

And the internet connection problem applies to me, so I always support disc-based DLC or GOTY editions that come with it, when I can.
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_

User Info: Leatherhide

Leatherhide
6 years ago#22
Can you edit the poll? If so, add more options like 'I like DLC but only if adds lots of new content and isn't expensive', 'I only like free DLC', or 'I like big expansions but hate map packs.'
Fallout 3 isn't Oblivion with guns, it's Fallout 3 with Guns.

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
6 years ago#23
It really depends on the DLC for me. For example: I never bothered with RE5's DLC, but when the Leviathan DLC for ME3 comes out, i'll buy it with no hesitation. If the DLC really adds to the game itself, I'll definitely buy. I would vote maybe, if that was a choice.
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"

User Info: MEFreak1984

MEFreak1984
6 years ago#24
Perfect Light posted...
I don't like DLC that feels like it should have been part of the main game. Mass Effect 2, one of my favorite games of all time, was guilty of this. Rockstar's Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony, however, are DLC done right.

Those seem like expansion packs, or standalone games. But, yeah Rockstar does DLC right.
PSN ID: BladeGash
"Even a Dead God can dream"

User Info: Zephyriuum

Zephyriuum
6 years ago#25
I hate DLC,why the hell we have to pay(more) for something they could have put on the game?,yes,i know they don`t care for us,just for our money,PS2 times were the best,games were fun,long,and you didn`t have to pay for one extra character,or some colour palletes,and things like that
"O brilliant blade of coldest steel, rend the infinite darkness, and crush my enemies to nothing!!!"

User Info: whiteboygene

whiteboygene
6 years ago#26
^Herp a derp
"Playing inverted is completely optional. Stop whining." -OgesMC
Arguing with idiots since 9/8/09.
(message deleted)

User Info: Zephyriuum

Zephyriuum
6 years ago#28
I hate DLC,why the hell we have to pay(more) for something they could have put on the game?,yes,i know they don`t care for us,just for our money,PS2 times were the best,games were fun,long,and you didn`t have to pay for one extra character,or some colour palletes,and things like that
"O brilliant blade of coldest steel, rend the infinite darkness, and crush my enemies to nothing!!!"

User Info: Trugamer

Trugamer
6 years ago#29
I support big expansion style DLC like BS2 Minervas den not the blatant milking and content locked on the disc DLC.

Sadly we get more milking than anything and that is why I no longer buy games at full price anymore.
Last gen I bought over 30 games at full MSRP , this gen I have only bought my 2 launch games at full price just enough to see them blatantly strip mine the hell out of Oblivion and understand what this gen was going to be all about and that is milking money burning fanboyz to death at the expense of everyone else.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. are u a supporter of DLC? or not?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived