This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. XPLODER cheats system

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
6 years ago#1
Anyone familiar with this? could use some help if so.

My mam bought it for my son for christmas. He is currently playing Skyrim and there are some mods apparently.

Anyway we thought you just put the disk into xbox and away you go.. apparently not.

So we have usb stick, disk in lap top, xploder installed. Now what?

Can this be used on the new slim line xbox's?

Thanks in advance for any help.
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'

User Info: HajimeNoIppo

HajimeNoIppo
6 years ago#2
Found this on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOWw-iulOGQ

User Info: BingSanpao

BingSanpao
6 years ago#3
Not familiar with the Xplorer device but it's for save editing.

Transfer your profile saves onto the usb stick then use the PC software, follow the onscreen prompts, select the save you want and the software will assign the save to the gamertag on the pendrive.
Alternately use Modio which does the same and better and is free but be warned, modding saves is a bannable offense (which means you can lose all the digital licenses like XBLA games and DLC, plus access to XBL) so make sure you understand this before hacking COD (which your kid will probably try).

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
6 years ago#4

Not familiar with the Xplorer device but it's for save editing.

Transfer your profile saves onto the usb stick then use the PC software, follow the onscreen prompts, select the save you want and the software will assign the save to the gamertag on the pendrive.
Alternately use Modio which does the same and better and is free but be warned, modding saves is a bannable offense (which means you can lose all the digital licenses like XBLA games and DLC, plus access to XBL) so make sure you understand this before hacking COD (which your kid will probably try).

Modding your saves is a bannable offense? How would they even know if you modded your save?
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

User Info: gabrius

gabrius
6 years ago#5
Alien technology, wizardry, or maybe even some basic programming knowledge.....?
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius

Veliconis
6 years ago#6

Alien technology, wizardry, or maybe even some basic programming knowledge.....?

As long as you're not modding your save to where it gives you any type of an advantage on an online game, I don't see why they would really care.

I've modded my fair share of saves after completing a game and I have yet to run into any issues.

I would imagine that they would be more concerned with other things than whether or not someone is modding their save(s) for their own personal use.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.

BingSanpao
6 years ago#7
I'm pretty sure guys with a blue avatar thought exactly the same thing.

Veliconis
6 years ago#8

I'm pretty sure guys with a blue avatar thought exactly the same thing.

Allow me to clarify, then. Modifying a save for a single player only game shouldn't be frowned upon.

But people using the Horizon Diamond program to mod crap in Gears 3 is definitely unacceptable. I know modding your rank/medals doesn't affect anyone, but people seem to be able to do more than just that with the program.

Edit: If you're talking about your actual avatar for the 360 itself, then yes, that's bannable because that's system tampering. I suppose you could view modifying your saves as system tampering too.

So, yeah, in light of that, I suppose you could get banned for it. *shrug*

BingSanpao
6 years ago#9
I'not saying it should! I'm saying it's good to remind people who don't read the TOS to be careful with this.

How? Achievements timestamps or unlocked in the wrong order, leaderboards, online unlocks unlocked offline, DLC unlocked but not bought (I'm sure this one gets an instant ban). You should be fine as lond as you don't let the kid use it.

User Info: headwounds13

headwounds13
6 years ago#10

Allow me to clarify, then. Modifying a save for a single player only game shouldn't be frowned upon.

While I agree with the principle, if you mod your single player games in a way that unlocks achievements they'll reset your gamescore, you'll be unable to re unlock any achievements you previously had and they'll label you a cheater.
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. XPLODER cheats system
  • Topic Archived