This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 transfer cable not working on my new slim.

User Info: SouLeDxOuTxWP

SouLeDxOuTxWP
6 years ago#1
I just purchased the new 250 gb 360 slim & bought the MS brand transfer cable. I did everything I was told in the instruction manual. I connected my old 60gb HD to the cable & connected the cable to the front usb port on the slim. The instructions said that I should see a message pop up saying a transfer cable is detected, but I see no such message. I've plugged it into all front & back usb ports, no change. Damn thing is advertised as being compatible witrh any 360/hard drive. What gives here? False advertising?
GT: SouLeD OuT WP PSN: Genuine-xCoRex: Representing the nWo Wolfpac(WP) clan. Supporters Of Realistic Style "Wrestling" Matches

User Info: DjinnKazama

DjinnKazama
6 years ago#2
There might be an issue with the new dash as far as the drive autoplay goes.

Try accessing it from Settings > Memory
GameFAQs is the worst site on the internet, with the worst moderators, and the worst community.

User Info: Sonicb00m

Sonicb00m
6 years ago#3
Try connecting the cable to the 360 while it's on and then attaching the hard drive.
Isn't that right, Zach?

SouLeDxOuTxWP
6 years ago#4
Tried both, no change :(
GT: SouLeD OuT WP PSN: Genuine-xCoRex: Representing the nWo Wolfpac(WP) clan. Supporters Of Realistic Style "Wrestling" Matches

User Info: DjinnKazama

DjinnKazama
6 years ago#5
I just checked my transfer cable on the new dash - it works just fine.

I think you might have a dud cable - You should go get it exchanged.
GameFAQs is the worst site on the internet, with the worst moderators, and the worst community.

SouLeDxOuTxWP
6 years ago#6
Lol nvm. I just didn't have my cable connected all the way. Working fine now.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 360 transfer cable not working on my new slim.
  • Topic Archived