• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Company of Heroes
  3. Differences between difficulties in campaign?
Bladethegreat 13 years ago#1
Does the enemy AI actually get any more intelligent on the higher campaign difficulties, or do the units just become tougher to kill?
Through fire, justice is served! A hero in shining armor is called. To punish evil forces, I have been charged!
Scottie_theNerd 13 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
www.youtube.com/user/NUSensei
wtfh4x00rz 13 years ago#3
I'm not sure, I haven't played in a long freakin time. I think they are smarter and kill you a hell of a lot faster, though. I don't think they get harder to kill. But, in skirmishes, they do get a resource bonus, I think, in manpower.
Obsessed117 13 years ago#4
The AI probably just works faster.
The only people who have played Shockwave Assault for the PC: Me, OaklandRaiderz, Kyleve, shade_30, ChitnBoy, Treilah2, chickennuggetMM, SchBryan.
Auz_Papermario 13 years ago#5
Campaign differences are squads are more filledout, instead of having like 1 or 2 members and have higher acc. and damage.
Seishoumaru 13 years ago#6
Increased difficulty messes with the stats. Your units are more inaccurate and deal less damage, while the enemy gets higher penetration values and deals boatloads of damage. The AI doesn't change much at all, as in they don't use any more advanced tactics than on normal. An example is that a Sherman got shot by a Panzershreck from the front and lost 1/4 of it's health on harder, when previously on normal it simply shrug off the the round and fired back, killing half the Grenadier squad. Also, I suspect that the AI gets resource bonuses as well on higher difficulties.
  1. Boards
  2. Company of Heroes
  3. Differences between difficulties in campaign?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A