• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Glitch in the Vampire Cure Quest

User Info: CalenderDude

CalenderDude
11 years ago#1
Ok so I found all the items fine. All that went fairly ok.

But something went wrong when I went to give the Cure to the Count. He took the cure and gave it to his wife. She died and he told me to give him a day to get over it.

So I don't know if this where I messed up or something but I just went to the top of that hall where the wife had died and waited 24 hours.

When I went back down he just said "Please go" like I never left yet so I did leave and went somewhere completely different and waited another 24 hours. After that I entered the castle hall to find his peoples that arrange meetings with him because thats what the quest said to do. I talked to the lizard one and she said wait here and i'll go get him. I must of waited at least a total of 26 hours and he still never showed up so I went back to that chamber where the wife died to see if he was still there.

He wasn't there but the lizard person was. But when I talked to her again she just kept saying wait here i'll go get him. So I left then I desided to go just find him myself. I eventually just got luckly and found him out in the castle hall. I ran up to him and talked and he still just said "Please go".

So like I don't know what to do now. Not being able to finish the Cure Quest isn't really that big of a deal I'm just missing out on some gold, I got the important thing, the cure. But I'm at the point in the Main Quest where you need to go to all the towns for the Defense of Bruma.

So I thought maybe if I tried arranging a meeting with him for that quest might fix the glitch. So I found his other person and asked him to get him. I then waited 2 hours I think and then I say the Count coming down the steps towards me. I thought sweeet he's coming and everythings good but then he comes up to me and triggers talking and just says "Please go".

So now I don't know what to do. I can't finish that Cure Quest or the Main Quest. Do I have to start over? Or is there a way to fix this? Please help!

Thanks in advance,
-CalenderDude
1337 Calenders
1337 Kittys

User Info: Bugmeat

Bugmeat
11 years ago#2
It is possible that at the end of this quest you can wait more than 24 hours but the Count will still only say "Please, go" when you talk to him. To fix the problem, you need to make Hal-Liurz bring the Count to you (even if you're already standing next to the Count, Hal-Liurz has to act as intermediary for the quest to be updated). Sometimes just talking to Hal-Liurz is sufficient. Otherwise, you can use a Command Humanoid spell to force her to follow you to wherever the Count is standing, at which point talking to Hal-Liurz should work to complete the quest.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampire_Cure#Bugs
Barbie Rocks!! Her lack of realistic genitalia frustrates yet arouses me at the same time

User Info: CalenderDude

CalenderDude
11 years ago#3
Thanks! It's all better now! =)
1337 Calenders
1337 Kittys
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Glitch in the Vampire Cure Quest
  • Topic Archived