• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hellgate: London
  3. Flagshipped again!

User Info: WolfAlmighty

WolfAlmighty
7 years ago#1
T3Fun just announced two days ago that the game won't actually be F2P after all, but rather you have to buy a ticket to see anything beyond act 2. Supposedly, the ticket is a one-time purchase which unlocks all the content for your entire account, but they have yet to say how much this ticket will end up costing (and that's always a good sign, right...that they haven't yet decided how much money they're going to want from you but that they konw they'll want SOMETHING from you?)

http://forum.t3fun.com/hellgate/general-discussions/faq-ticket-system-1563/

This game, from its release in October 2007 until now, has just continued to give more and more reasons why it gets to be the running joke of the gaming world. I was one of the dumb****s who paid for the Founder's fee back when the game came out, so it'll be a cold day in hell(gate) before I drop another dime on this game. I could understand maybe charging a small fee for anything beyond Stonehenge because the US players never got to play beyond that unless they played on the test server, but locking acts 3-5? Are you serious?

Apparently T3Fun has forgotten that D3 is coming out not too long from now because otherwise they wouldn't think that trying to screw people out of money to play a four-year-old game which many of the people who will be playing it have already paid for is a good idea. If this 'ticket' costs more than $5 then it's going to cost (price-$5) too much.

Good lord, this game is cursed.

User Info: Multigun31

Multigun31
7 years ago#2

It's $4. Which suprisingly....people are STILL whining up the wazoo about. $4, gets you permanent access to the rest of the game.

User Info: WolfAlmighty

WolfAlmighty
7 years ago#3
Oh, at least they announced a price. $4 is reasonable enough, I guess.
(message deleted)

User Info: rhalx

rhalx
7 years ago#5
Are there any differences between this and the original game?

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
7 years ago#6
rhalx posted...
Are there any differences between this and the original game?

There's a tutorial that's very annoying and intrusive which also grants a horrible title (Nerd) and a chintzy buff (2% damage). Murmur has white hair now. Brandon Lang is a purple-skinned tengu, but I bet he still talks crap to cabalists. Zombies have shields, at least in the tutorial. Quests in the tutorial/starter zone have extremely horrible Engrish. There's a cash shop with items whose descriptions are in such poor Engrish it's almost impossible to tell what they're used for.

IOW several but other than having most of the content locked out none significant.

User Info: thodgson

thodgson
7 years ago#7

The beginning of the game is different with regard to the tutorial and some of the controls. Also, whomever is in charge of the grammar and spelling must not be a native English speaking person, as the dialog and instructions are dreadful.

User Info: kbe2k2

kbe2k2
7 years ago#8
Another difference that I heard about is the old HGL had DX10 support and visually looked a lot better.

User Info: NeoRedboy99

NeoRedboy99
7 years ago#9
the graphics are pretty much pants now. you can tell its still beta because the areas have seams in the ground that arent actual ground that are about an inch wide, which really speaks volumes about either sloppy coding, bad drawing, both, or some serious problems in the conversion.
I always thought the human race was intelligent...guess i was wrong.

User Info: NeoRedboy99

NeoRedboy99
7 years ago#10
also, it appears that numerous players have taken to buying the passes that unlock most of the game and are selling them to other players for Palladium. id rather spend 200K P on a pass than $4 on one.
I always thought the human race was intelligent...guess i was wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Hellgate: London
  3. Flagshipped again!
  • Topic Archived