• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DarkShieldwham

DarkShieldwham
5 years ago#1
I was showing off this game to a friend of mine but didn't realise just how many details are thrown into the game. I also grew up with the PS1 version of Darkstalkers 3 so it blew my mind there was that much more I didn't know. If anyone would like to volunteer some really subtle stuff like animations that would be appreciated.

Here are some of my observations for you to appreciate the game further because it's downright beautiful:

Vampire: The Night Warriors
Everyone has different walking animations but some of the subtle details are nice like Sasquatch's eyes showing a bit more fear when walking backwards or if you charge back long enough for Victor the electricity on the back of his neck will jump and stay longer. This electricity animation also exists in the PS version. Anakaris has a lot of subtle animation too that was taken out of the PS games. He has an eye appear on his shoulder when he crouches or stands. He also has an interesting block animation where he turns into his sarcophagus but hieroglyphics appear when he blocks actual hits. Bishamon and Huitzil get different block sound effects when they interact. Really nice touch. Speaking of Bishamon, I'm not sure if the cow moos but I've never heard it except in the sound effects option.

Vampire Saviour
Yeesh there's a lot of stuff. I still haven't really looked over everyone but there are some really subtle ones once again. Felicia can bounce on opponent's head if you just hold up when lining up your jump. She also has two taunts. One close up and one far away. Zabel also has two taunts if he meets Lei Lei. He also has a different haircut during his dark force change (sometimes gets an afro!). Lei Lei will sometimes throw a shorter fused pink time bomb. Sorta rare though at times.

Anakaris. Anakaris has three taunts. Select, PPP+Select, and KKK+Select. The PPP one for the PS doesn't have the servants carrying swords and outright removed the KKK version. During his Pharoah Magic specials holding select will alter the final portion of the attack. In the PS version the animations were mostly removed but you would get one of the servants which was flattened float off to the ground now and then.

Aulbath mirror match has him as a frog?

User Info: DarkShieldwham

DarkShieldwham
5 years ago#2
If I haven't already mentioned it, Phobos/Huitzil goes through quite a bit of different walk animations and atrack changes. It's pretty impressive in retrospect. Even his crouch animation has changed over the course of the Darkstalmers games. In any case, this will be my last post because I believe few people will actually get their hands on this game collection. Cheers for those who do decide ti omport it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers