• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection
  3. And they didn't release this in North America ... WHY?!

User Info: Old_Schooler_Dan

Old_Schooler_Dan
11 years ago#1

What?! They didn't think it would SELL!? What about all the other compilation games on PS2 that are just the same, or worse, that were released?! This is astounding!

User Info: electricfemale

electricfemale
11 years ago#2
It's a crime, indeed.
"Go Sexy Randal The Pharaoh Wizard!" - Guy in flashback,
Clerks: The Animated Series

User Info: JesterSeesAll

JesterSeesAll
11 years ago#3
Believe it or not, Darkstalkers is very unpopular in the US. I love the game to death, but even on a PS2 with arcade quality sticks I can't one of my friends to play this with me.

Also, the toy company SOTA couldn't even generate enough pre-orders to justify making darkstalker action figures.
If you complain about the PS3 price tag you're poor and/or jealous. Proud PS2/GC/Japanese PS2/PS3/DC/360/Neo Geo AES owner.

User Info: electricfemale

electricfemale
11 years ago#4
sad
"Go Sexy Randal The Pharaoh Wizard!" - Guy in flashback,
Clerks: The Animated Series

User Info: Pasdaran

Pasdaran
11 years ago#5
It's damn shame this collection wasn't released in America because I'd buy it in a heart beat. Oh well at least I have the "collection" on my PC with MAME and have the PSP game on the way in the mail.

I agree with this article's reasons why the series never made it big here: http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/321/

User Info: zero829

zero829
11 years ago#6
It kind of sucks too since SNK are very fateful to their US fans even when it looks like the sales well not be very high. Regardless of how well each collection sells, they have been throwing out tons and tons of games at us lately. We have had collections of World Heroes, Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury, etc.. and then many other games like King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Colosseum not to mention Samurai Shodown Collections coming soon and possible to the xbox live through Samurai Shodown 2 (and they have also given many titles onto xbox live marketplace and the wii network).

All we get is Street Fighter 2 as far as Xbox live goes. I really wish Capcom would give the Project Justice and Darkstalker fans some needed attention. The least they could do is release Darkstalkers (probably 3) onto xbox live arcade with online (even Fatal Fury has online play and that tells you something and then SF2 already does as well so they could try to use a similar style with it) and Project Justice with or without online (it would be kind of weird online though, but I could imagine it being a lot of fun). You would think they would at least throw out Marvel vs Capcom 2 or 1. Judging by their SF2HF sales, I can tell you right here that they would at least make a pretty good profit off of it on live arcade as they made a lot with SF2. All they need to do for Darkstalkers is say "A fighting game from the makers of Street Fighter" and it will sell like hotcakes.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4935/hisuinu3.gif
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5295/1213647618636vs8.jpg

User Info: Pasdaran

Pasdaran
11 years ago#7
Maybe that can come out with a "Super Darkstalkers 3 Turbo HD Remix" for PSN and Xbox Live? :P
  1. Boards
  2. Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection
  3. And they didn't release this in North America ... WHY?!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers