• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Spore
  3. Unlocking hidden Cell Creature parts

User Info: shadow_sora

shadow_sora
13 years ago#1

Anyone know or still trying to figure out how to get the cell into the game? It won't let me.Tut below if your wondering what the f I'm talking about.

Right click on your spore shortcut.

Click Properties.

Look for Target. With a space you can type in.

Add "-state:CellEditor" To the end. Don't add parentheses.

It should look like this:

C:\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe -state:CellEditor

Click ok.

Play!

Now you have 5 pages of new parts to add to your Cell. I'm still trying to figure out ways to get any hidden creature parts!

Other sources:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/spore-creative/337864-spore-cell-editor.html

shadow_sora
13 years ago#2
Wtf. Moved off the main page in a mintue.

User Info: jimmy_the_pipe

jimmy_the_pipe
13 years ago#3

Bump.

5 pages of new parts? Is it the stuff you get in creature stage, or new stuff for cell?

BTW; have you tried dropping your new cell into the Cells folder? That might work.

User Info: BrokenInsanity8

BrokenInsanity8
13 years ago#4
You can get it into the game....you just can't play as it so it's kinda pointless.

shadow_sora
13 years ago#5

No. Each page is an enhancment of the main 9 parts.

Like the 2nd page will have basically the same stuff butt modified. Like the spike on the 2nd page is long, fatter, and has mini spikes on it. (If I can remember.)

jimmy_the_pipe posted...

Bump.

5 pages of new parts? Is it the stuff you get in creature stage, or new stuff for cell?

BTW; have you tried dropping your new cell into the Cells folder? That might work.

shadow_sora
13 years ago#6
Damn. I said butt instead of but. I hate myself.

shadow_sora
13 years ago#7
Bump

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
13 years ago#8
It's cool seeing the different types of mouths, defenses, and movement, and while you can save it...it's pointless since you can't choose it when starting in cell stage or get the parts.
Car: 2017 Fiat 124 Spider | PC: i5-9400+RTX2070 | FGO: 764,733,649
YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UCAPFKRmwnTeJO6lAfdndeaw | Twitter/Instagram: OwOIncorporated

User Info: jimmy_the_pipe

jimmy_the_pipe
13 years ago#9

I thought up a way to get it in game, I just don't know how to do it:

Create an herbivore or carnivore with new parts. Save it. Go find the default maxis cells it gives you to start on Cell stage with. Replace each of the Maxis default cells with your new cell, renaming your cell each time to the Maxis name. Load up the game.
*Omnivores are excluded because the game only lets default cells be herb or carn.

Here's the problem: All the Maxis .pngs are encoded in spore_content.package file. I don't know how to open that file, so I can't even see them, let alone replace anything. Apparently SimPE doesn't work.

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
13 years ago#10
Does this work on Vista?
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Don't start unbelieving! Never do not feel your feelings!
  1. Boards
  2. Spore
  3. Unlocking hidden Cell Creature parts
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A