• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Bugfragged13

Bugfragged13
11 years ago#1
For some reason, the character that accompanies me, like Al, never attacks even if the enemy is right near him. Is there a trick to it?

User Info: n0t_u

n0t_u
11 years ago#2
The cpu following you isn't very smart, it's best to not rely on them. If you try to complete the level as if the cpu isn't there you won't notice it.
"I'm so so incompetent, I can't even choose my own sig"-blank335
"secret" board = 941914

User Info: Bugfragged13

Bugfragged13
11 years ago#3
I saw a youtube video where the player distracted Sloth by trapping CPU Al behind a wall. I assume this was to stall sloth until she became cannonable. In some videos, the CPU can actually fight, though that might be for the japanese version only.

User Info: n0t_u

n0t_u
11 years ago#4
I've played both and in both the cpu partner isn't very useful. It just has its dumb moments walking around the enemies sometimes for about 10 seconds before actually deciding to attack. For most of my play-throughs the partner was only there to follow me beat the level because in the time I could kill about 5-6 enemies. Also Hawkeye always seemed more helpful than Alphonse.
"I'm so so incompetent, I can't even choose my own sig"-blank335
"secret" board = 941914

User Info: Heretic9

Heretic9
11 years ago#5
Hawkeye and Hughes seem to be the best partners, probably because they're ranged fighters. It doesn't matter though, you won't have your partner much anyway. You'll spend most of the game alone.
Member of the Dash Hunter Strike Force! >=(
I am not a troll.... -Dash_Jr
  • Topic Archived