• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fable: The Lost Chapters
  3. Cant start a new game, help please.
Djalien 10 years ago#1
I'll admit, I'm not too technologically inclined, so it is probably a human error, but I bought the game today through Steam's sale. I booted it up, two opening videos played no problem. Then when I click New Game, it kicked me from the game and gave me a Runtime Error. I checked the list of compatible graphics cards, and mine is listed as compatible. I tried running it in compatibility mode with other OS' to no avail. Here are my specs for reference:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 840 processor 3.2 ghz
Memory: 4096MB Ram
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 310 1.7gb

Thanks in advance for the help!
vlado_e 10 years ago#2
The game is notoriously buggy and I am not aware if anyone has done anything about it in the Steam version. I'd suggest ticking the "Run this program as an administrator", "Disable desktop composition" and "Disable visual themes" options in the Compatibility menu, also, leave the compatibility mode to Windows XP just in case.

I did play the game on Windows 7, so I know should be able to run. As I said, though, I'm not sure about the Steam version, however I can't imagine it being that different (if it's different at all) to mine.
The owls are not what they seem.
spardasieg 10 years ago#3
Steam version? Try verifying the data, if not install again, it works perfect for me and I am on W7 also.
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)
Djalien 10 years ago#4
Sorry, what do you mean by verifying the data?
vlado_e 10 years ago#5
Djalien posted...
Sorry, what do you mean by verifying the data?

Library -> right-click on the game -> Properties -> go to the Local Files tab -> click Verify integrity of game cache...

This could be a problem but I don't think it's the most likely most likely cause of the problem. It's still worth doing to eliminate the possibility.
The owls are not what they seem.
  1. Boards
  2. Fable: The Lost Chapters
  3. Cant start a new game, help please.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I lose weight? General5 Answers
How to be be young again? General4 Answers
Can the sword in the stone be taken out? Side Quest4 Answers
How do I buy shops? General2 Answers
How do I solve Investigating Lady Grey? Side Quest2 Answers