• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix: Path of Neo
  3. Like the movie sequels...
Then0rm 2 years ago#1
This hasn't aged well.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer.
Skittler1987 2 years ago#2
Played it two weeks ago and had a blast. It aged fine.
Consoles I own - Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo CD, PS1, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, GBA, N64.
Phazon2000 2 years ago#3
Honestly thought Enter the Matrix was immensely more entertaining. Played Path of Neo for the first time a few ours ago and ended up quitting during the Kung Fu tutorial level or whatever.

Enter the Matrix I played through in two days - straight to the point and extremely enjoyable.
"Vit-on jamais un jour pareil" - Les Troyens: Act III - No. 17 Choeur: "De Carthage les cieux"
Skittler1987 2 years ago#4
Phazon2000 posted...
Honestly thought Enter the Matrix was immensely more entertaining. Played Path of Neo for the first time a few ours ago and ended up quitting during the Kung Fu tutorial level or whatever.

You didn't even go past the tutorial and you claim Enter the Matrix is more entertaining? Dude, you skipped the entire game. Path of Neo has way more moves and entertainment. It's a freaking blast to play. Enter the Matrix feels like a demo compared to this as it's very limited and you weren't even Neo. Here you get to be Neo and pull off all his moves from stopping bullets, to jumping and sticking to roofs and walls, you're pretty much Superman in this game. You get to do the subway fight, Chateau fight, and the famous Agent Smith fight where you take on hundreds of agents. Just walking on their heads and taking them out with that light pole gets me pumped.
Consoles I own - Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Neo Geo CD, PS1, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, GBA, N64.
(edited 2 years ago)
Vamp_Wraith 2 years ago#5
@Phazon2000

I agree with Skittler. Enter the Matrix is a pretty fun game, but Path of Neo is more awesome. It starts out pretty slow, but I like the build up of playing as Neo when he’s just a lowly office worker to when he is pretty tough and first fights smith to when he’s The One. The game really makes you feel that progression.

Phazon, you should try play further than you got, it becomes much better.
The one and only true Dante
Phazon2000 2 years ago#6
I just didn't like the new gameplay - that's not really going to change the further I progress. Was a bit too convoluted. To each their own haha.

I honestly don't care about playing as Neo that much (heard that was criticism of EtM but I never understood that - Ghost and Niobe are dope) as I think all the characters of the Matrix universe are equally cool and it's interesting to see how they all fight.

Unfortunately I did end up uninstalling (was a bit of a pain to get working the first time around) but after it crashed in the tutorial yeah not sure. Maybe be easier on an emulator next time, although I don't know if I want to go through the office level again... that was a pain.
"Vit-on jamais un jour pareil" - Les Troyens: Act III - No. 17 Choeur: "De Carthage les cieux"
Skittler1987 2 years ago#7
Phazon2000 posted...
I just didn't like the new gameplay - that's not really going to change the further I progress. Was a bit too convoluted. To each their own haha.

I honestly don't care about playing as Neo that much (heard that was criticism of EtM but I never understood that - Ghost and Niobe are dope) as I think all the characters of the Matrix universe are equally cool and it's interesting to see how they all fight.

Unfortunately I did end up uninstalling (was a bit of a pain to get working the first time around) but after it crashed in the tutorial yeah not sure. Maybe be easier on an emulator next time, although I don't know if I want to go through the office level again... that was a pain.

The first two or three are levels are horribly slow and if that was all I played I wouldn't want to play it again either. But then it really starts to open up and is amazing and follows the films. I would say a good 100-200 moves have been added, the gunplay and animation are off the charts, not to mention the bullet time has advanced beyond what I thought was possible. The progress of opening up new moves is the fun part. To watch Neo go from nothing but a weak martial artist to the one is something to behold. I still get chills thinking about how badass this game was when I first played it. But don't mind the opinions of people who actually played it. You do you.
(edited 2 years ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix: Path of Neo
  3. Like the movie sequels...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A