• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Matrix: Path of Neo
  3. They should make a prequel to the Matrix
RazorX3 12 years ago#1
Just think about it... it's been over half a decade since we've last seen an official Matrix film, and IMO each became more disappointing than the last. Some will obviously disagree, and from a special effects + best fight scenes standpoint, Reloaded probably takes the cake, but the first film was chock full of mind blowing philosophical messages delivered straight from the brilliant minds of the Wachowski brothers, plus all of the action and special effects were way ahead of its time; in short it redefined the action genre. For these reasons alone it will always be my favorite Matrix movie... and one of my favorite movies of all time.

But that's just me. After recently viewing the film (for like the tenth time), I realized how awesome it would be for the Wachowski brothers to go back in time and explain the events before the events of "The One". Remember when Trinity told Neo that she too was like him, seeking the truth about the Matrix, and thought sh never would until she ran into Morpheus? Or how about Morpheus explaining to Neo that he watched men waste clips into agents and hit nothing but air... and that the original "One" freed him as well as other rebels from the Matrix.

I was experiencing a revelation from all of this. There should have been a Matrix movie explaining these past events! It could've shown how the Matrix had all began... dive deeper into how the machines were created and why. I felt that the sequels put more and more focus on the war with Zion and not enough emphasis on the Matrix unlike the first movie. This is why I'd want to see this prequel take more after the original film and shed some more light on the Matrix itself.

Now the big question... who will act it? Are Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Anne Moss up for the task? I certainly hope they would be since I'd hate to imagine new actors for characters like Trinity and Morpheus.
"Ninja Gaiden is quite possibly the greatest game ever to be brought back"
# of people who agree: 21
RazorX3 12 years ago#2
I clearly see that no one else agrees....

or even cares :(
Crimzonite 12 years ago#3
Yep. Interest in The Matrix has dried up. There hasn't been a major Matrix-related release since Path of Neo. The Matrix Online is the only ongoing Matrix product going on now, and it recently lost the dev that ran the story. So while the game is still running, the storyline has ground to a halt.
RazorX3 12 years ago#4
it's too bad... I was hoping with the 10th anniversary blu ray release of the original Matrix (which I believe took place march 31st 2009) that people would be talking about it and the games again. Oh well, guess I'm here too late. But to me the Matrix films are still today the most visually incredible films I've ever seen, and really is the series that show just how much things can be done with movies these days (as lackluster as the sequels were in other categories). The original Matrix is still my most favorite movie to date.

So anyways would you mind giving me your opinion about a Matrix prequel since you bothered to post here?
Xhoyl 12 years ago#5
I think it''s a good idea. Obviously a sequel isn't gonna happen, nor would I imagine anyone would want one. But a prequel has potential IMO.
3DS FC 0430-9665-1947
RazorX3 12 years ago#6
yeah I think so too. I just think that at this point new actors would have to replace Laurence and Marrie-Anne to give the image of these young characters learning what the Matrix really is (but I could be wrong). Again I'd hate to see new actors assume the role of Morpheus and Trinity (and I dunno if Trinity would even be in the movie but I think she should atleast appear somewhere towards the end), but there might be no other option at this point.

The movie could also reveal early confrontations with Agent Smith (or just agents in general, I actually wouldn't mind seeing another Agent antagonist in this one), how Morpheus came to be a commander of the Nebuchadnezzar and how he formed with his crew from the first Matrix movie. Oh and ofcourse the past relationship of Morpheus and Niobe can be explained too, and the movie could just have a chockfull or references from the trilogy and ofcourse foreshadow events that lead into the original 1999 Matrix film.

Oh and here's just some names that popped into my head for the movie title:

The Matrix Origins
The Matrix Revealed
Before the Matrix
SnakeSoldier187 12 years ago#7

the animatrix showed a lot of events that took place before the first movie.

1. Boards
  2. The Matrix: Path of Neo
  3. They should make a prequel to the Matrix
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Like the movie sequels...Then0rm710/31/2019

GameFAQs Q&A